Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ephy_00 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 04:14 AM
    I eat then lose weight.
    I am 17 years old. And I just had a dr. appt today and they said I weigh 86 1/2 pounds.
    I don't think this is right because I eat an actual meal for lunch and dinner [i don't have time for an actual breakfast so usually I get chips or something]] and I always have little snacks in between all those times. I am not anorexic or bulimic. And I don't have a lot of stress and I get at least 7 hours of sleep every night. Other people say I have a fast metabolism. I always have.. but.. I don't see how I can weigh 86 pounds though.. one of my friends mom has this disease? Where she can't gain weight no matter what. She is stick skinny and very bony. She eats probably as much as I do and she weighs in her 80's and she is over 50 maybe? Could I possibly have that? What could be making me lose all this weight?
    taurusss Posts: 67, Reputation: 5

Oct 13, 2007, 03:17 PM
    İf you eat a lot or eat normal and still can't gain weight it would be okay but if you are 'losing' weight I have only one thing to say: RUSH TO A DOCTOR!
    mwilliams15 Posts: 172, Reputation: 24

Oct 18, 2007, 09:08 AM
    I was just like that.. I'm 19 now and I've started to gain weight..
    You're friends mom probably has an overactive thyroid.. which doesn't allow you to gain weight easily.. Ask your friend if his/her mom has an overactive thyroid problem. If she does, talk to her about it.. or you could go to the doctor if you are really concerned that you have this.. (I really know nothing about this disease other than an if you have an overactive one.. its hard to gain weight.. and if you have an underactive one.. you pack on lots of weight)
    Other than that.. just eat healthy and you'll be fine.. you'll start to gain more weight in the next few years.
    maddie10 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Oct 19, 2007, 08:46 AM
    I also have a 17 year old son who can't gain weight. He like you eats lots of chips.and can have up to 7 packets of crisps a day. I've taken him to my doctor. But have been told his fit and well. I really wouldn't worry. Count yourselves lucky as you guys can eat what you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

Lose weight [ 6 Answers ]

I weigh 56 kilos, and I'm 5 feet 4 inches. I know I'm not fat, but I have quite a big tummy. I mean again its not fat, but my ideal weight would be 50 kilos. I don't exercise really, which I know I should. My question is what are the right foods to eat to lose weight on my tummy?

Why can't I lose weight [ 2 Answers ]

I am 26, 5'6", 170lbs. I used to have no problem losing weight when I was younger, but over the past 2 years it's been a true struggle. I have spent hundreds (maybe even thousands) on trainers, gym memberships, equipment, doctors, fad diets, etc. I work out at least 3 days a week at the gym (30-45...

Need to lose weight [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 18 years old and I have been trying to loose weight for a very long time!! I am very active as in walking and always running around with the kids I work with! But I never seem to loose weight! Almost a year ago I gained a lot of weight after my house my burnt down and never seemed too loose...

Cannot lose weight [ 2 Answers ]

I have been commuting to work and have been riding an average of 105 minutes a day @ a heart rate of 150 bpm for four weeks consistently :mad: and have not changed what I eat . I have not lost a pound. Is this a sign of a thyroid problem? Is this normal? With the online calorie estimators @ my...

View more questions Search