Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChanelGirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 06:10 PM
    What are examples of commensalism in the rainforest?
    I have looked everywhere for a week now and I can not find any examples of this please help.:confused:
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Commensalism is a situation in which two organisms are associated in a relationship in which one benefits from the relationship and the other is not affected much. The two animals are called commensals.

An example is vermiliads (plants living on trees in rainforests) and frogs; the frogs get shelter and water from the vermiliad but the vermiliad is unaffected. Commensalism is a type of symbiosis.

Commensalism:

One organism uses another to get a better position in the environment
    Neither organism is harmed-- there is usually no physiological interaction between the two organisms
    Most often for photosynthesis advantages in shaded areas -- very common in rainforests
    May also be for reproductive advantages-- some fungi “climb” up trees and vines (while not gaining nutrition from them) in order to release their spores from as high a perch as possible.
    Soccerallday Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 04:44 PM
    I think that is a great help because wikianswers doesn't do anything to help you at all. That's why last year I stopped using it because it comes up with this stupid answer and it doesn't help anything your talking about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Limitations of financial ratio and examples [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Need help here to interprete the limitations of financial ratio and need examples... thank you

Mutualism and Commensalism [ 9 Answers ]

What is an example of a mutualism in temperate grasslands and what is an example of commensalism in temperate grasslands.

Examples of fallacies [ 2 Answers ]

What are examples of a fallacy from a newspaper editorial and an opinion magazine?

Case Law Examples [ 1 Answers ]

I am working on a University assignment and I would like to have as many examples as possible of "Shareholders vs Directors" past cases. I thank in advance all those who can help me.

Examples of contingency plan [ 1 Answers ]

Examples of contingency plan

View more questions Search