Ask
    Marzapan741 Posts: 478, Reputation: 14

Oct 4, 2007, 05:51 PM
    What's a sanction?
    The definitions I'm getting are too complex and do not make sense
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2007, 06:06 PM
    A sanction can be a penalty, specified or in the form of moral pressure, that acts to ensure compliance or conformity. For example, to impose a sanction on a country that promotes terrorism or is guilty of crimes against humanity. Can be economic, as in not allowing trade with that country. Or not sending money to that country.

There are other meanings to the word sanction. For example, a marriage is sanctioned by the Church - means the marriage has the approval of their Church.

Yes, it gets confusing.

sanction - definition of sanction by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Ty
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Most welcome.

Oct 4, 2007, 06:09 PM
    :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's his and what's mine. [ 13 Answers ]

I have been a stay at home mom for 4 1\2 years, and I just reciently started a new career. I am seriously thinking about leaving my husband. We have three kids, a house, a car, and other debts. I am not spitefull, or mean, and I'm not a babymama drama kind of person. How do you go about what is...

What's up with this? [ 14 Answers ]

:eek: Dear you all In need of some insight, here is the ordeal, My ex and I were having a rough patch, problems irritations we decided to break up, yet couldn't break free from each other so we kept doing things couples do, nobody even knew we were broken up, I agree its stupid! So in short we...

What's going on with me? [ 2 Answers ]

Last July I stopped taking my birth control and never got my period till jan 7,2007. It is passed my time for me to start, I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. What could be going on with my body and what should I do about it?

What's next [ 1 Answers ]

I am just wondering where my life will go from here? What's next for me? Is my father my biological father? :confused:

What's going on? [ 2 Answers ]

I had my period last week it lasted about a week then two days later I started to bleed again but it was light pink and lasted a couple of days. If anyone knows what that was all about please tell me. Thanks.

View more questions Search