Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ellenk57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Grandchildren Guardianship
    My daughter left my 3 Grandchildren with me four years ago, gave me a letter that was notarized and I have her power of attorney, she wanted to take them this weekend and drive over 1,000 miles total back and forth to a birthday party. We already had plans, so I told her no, now she is threatening me to take them whether I want her too or not, she is still not stable to take proper car of the children is there something I can do to prevent this.
    Williams-Lance Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ellenk57
    My daughter left my 3 Grandchildren with me four years ago, gave me a letter that was notarized and I have her power of attorney, she wanted to take them this weekend and drive over 1,000 miles total back and forth to a birthday party. We already had plans, so I told her no, now she is threatening me to take them whether I want her too or not, she is still not stable to take proper car of the children is there something I can do to prevent this.
    I wish I had a real answer for you. It depends on the state you live in if you have the rights as a grandparent, but you do have legal guardianship if the children have been in your care without interuption in 18 months for most states but commanwealths.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2007, 04:05 PM
    You go to an attorney. Take that power of attorney with you. Ask for you to become the children's legal guardian. You have had the children four years and that will be to your credit and favor. The only way to settle this between your daughter is to take the whole matter to court. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother/Daughter/Grandchildren [ 9 Answers ]

I have this problem... my daughter keeps digging up the past and I am made to feel like I was the world's most horrible Mom. She doesn't like it when I have said "I don't know any mother/daughter who has the relationship like we have" and then she yells back that she doesn't care about others...

Guardianship [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have had Guardianship (through Indiana) since June 2005 of my 2 nieces (sister's birth children). She has been encarcerated for 15 months and got out in June 2007. During the last 2 1/2 years, she has sent NO financial support, has not seen the children except 2 times (at my...

Custody for my grandchildren [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a court date next month for I'm taking my son and his girlfriend there so I can go for custody of the children the ages are 13 month and 2 month old .Does anyone know how I would have to go about to prove unfit. They live with my daughter in a 3 bdrm trailer and she has her own family as...

What do I need to adopt my grandchildren asap [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have had them for at least 5 years a little more and we have never gone to court because we have never had to but now the school is saying that we have to have something from the parents that say we have costody of them . Father is in jail and mother on drugs and has 5 other kids...

Guardianship [ 4 Answers ]

My mom is trying to get temp. guardianship of my nieces and nephew. But, doesn't know where to start or what to do. I need help.

View more questions Search