Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ejb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Excluding a degree from a resume
    What are the remifications of excluding an advanced degree from a resume in order to get a job?
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Oct 4, 2007, 09:17 AM
    In my opinion there would be nothing wrong with that. We all have education, and work experience that may or may not be applicable to a particular job. We can choose to include, or exclude those items that don't pertain to the new position. Employers frown on prospects who enter phony qualifications on their resume.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2007, 09:22 AM
    There are no ramifications to it. I have a Masters degree but exclude it from my resume since it blocks me from getting a job. As Dr. D stated its only when you lie about having something that you don't.

On background screenings we can only check colleges or universities that you tell us to check. There isn't like a nationwide every university check for a degree that would make a background check take forever.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need resume help, please! [ 3 Answers ]

All right well this year I'm a senior, and I want to go to school for radiology. But the problem is... im not really sure on how to write a resume. And that's the only thing stopping me from starting my applications. I already have my letters of recommendation... but they need a resume and I don't...

Excluding half of a couple [ 9 Answers ]

My wife has been invited by some of her friends (a couple), from before we were married, to accompany them on a one week vacation at their expense. I was not included in the invitation. They are aware of our marriage and, while not close friends, we have met. I feel that it was rude for them to...

Excluding data from column [ 5 Answers ]

hi. Excel question. I have a number of column's, but I am mainly concerned with 2 columns, and the generation of new column. One column is a series of data where values equal, 0, 1000, -1000, 2000, -2000, and 1,2,3... 9. the other column has modulus values corresponding to this data (0, 1000,...

Resume [ 3 Answers ]

How to make an effective resume?

Avoiding "degree mills", seeking real degree! [ 9 Answers ]

I started as an education major in the State University of NY Oswego. I made an unusual, and perhaps unwise decision to put my learning in first place, and made no efforts to get a degree. I read "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" by Ivan Illich, and got turned on to his untraditional, radical approach to...

View more questions Search