Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheMuffin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Floor drain in laundry has rocks? Init and is overflowing
    Hi I read some posts about floor drains overflowing.. and I have an additional problem.. when my neighbour tried to clear it out ( he put a liquid gel down there) and then we put hot water..
    As it drained down a bit he found rocks in it? Is this normal? :confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 4, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffin
    Hi I read some posts about floor drains overflowing.. and I have an additional problem.. when my neighbour tried to clear it out ( he put a liquid gel down there) and then we put hot water..
    as it drained down a bit he found rocks in it? is this normal?? :confused:
    No! The rocks slipped past the strtainer and should be removed before you attempt to snake it. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floor Drain Backed up in Laundry room [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I've lived in my house for 5 years. It was built in 1957. It is a great, sturdy house. The biggest headache is that, occasionally, since the beginning - our laundry room floor drain backs up. I'd like to understand what is happening as best I can. I am not a plummer, but I am willing to...

2nd floor stackable laundry [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install a combination washer dryer in a second floor bathroom. The unit can be placed next to the tub plumbing and I am wondering whether there would be any problems tapping into the hot and cold water at for the tub, and, more importantly, tapping into the tub drain. It appears that...

Washer drain overflowing [ 1 Answers ]

My wife is having a problem with our washer draining. We have not changed anything... same washer... same everything. In the last couple weeks, the washer has started overflowing when it drains. It overflows out the drain pipe behind the washer. I tried using a drain opener (bladder type that...

Basement Floor Drain Overflowing Under Hard Rain [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a house that was built in 1989. I have lived in the house for 5 years. There is a floor drain in my basement that is not plumbed to the sump hole. I am not sure where the drain goes, but in the 5 years that I have lived here the drain has overflowed twice. It creates about a...

Overflowing drain pipe [ 3 Answers ]

My washing machine drain pipe overflows and at the same time the water overflows into the sink. I just moved into this house.It was built in 1964. I am connected to a sewer system. I have already tried liquid plummer a couple of times . Still having the same problem. All of the other drains are...

View more questions Search