Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nayesha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 07:06 AM
    Sell My House, Then Buy It Back Contract for Deed
    I have a friend who offered to buy my house, to help me avoid bankruptcy, then sell it back to me contract for deed all in the same transaction. Is that legal? If yes, what needs to be done to guarantee I get my house back, and my friend is not stuck with it?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2007, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nayesha
    I have a friend who offered to buy my house, to help me avoid bankruptcy, then sell it back to me contract for deed all in the same transaction. Is that legal? If yes, what needs to be done to guarantee I get my house back, and my friend is not stuck with it?
    First off, you need to contact an attorney regarding this type of transaction. Second, if you are already in bankruptcy, what makes you think you will be able to pay for the house on another loan? Talk to your banker and see if you can work out some better financing arrangements before you jump into this type of situation.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2007, 08:00 AM
    Hello nay:

We need more information in order to give you a good answer.

Certainly, if your friend is going to buy it, he can do anything he wants with it after he buys it. He can rent it to you, sell it to you on contract or a lease option or lots of different things.

However, if he's going to buy your house with a mortgage, then he's NOT going to be able to do anything he likes at all. Selling it to you on a contract would be one of those things he COULDN'T do.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Selling a House that is under Contract for Deed [ 5 Answers ]

What a great site for information, I hope that others don't mind giving me their insight on our situation... I have spoken with my attorney and gotten his opinion, but like everything there are 3 ways usually to do one thing. We bought a house 3 years ago from friends of my inlaws with a...

Will I sell my house and be able to buy another one [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... I am about to put my house on the market... can anyone tell if I will be able to sell this one and buy a bigger one in good condition. Can anyone tell me when I will sell this one and what the house I will get looks like? Any info would be very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to...

How to buy a house on back taxes [ 2 Answers ]

I am wanting to put a tax lien on a house the house has been empty for about 3 years and they owe 3 years back taxes and I was wanting to pay the back taxes.

To buy or contract for deed? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I'm having a few questions on what I should do. My fiancé and I are wanting to get a new home to have for a long time. Well we had an offer to do a contract for deed with a lady we know. But I'm concerned if I should just wait and get a mortgage loan or go through with this ladys offer. My...

Need to Deed a House back to the bank [ 5 Answers ]

I currently own 2 properties and I need to sell one of them. It is a condo in Howell MI. We have tired everything to try and sell the property from paying closing costs to increasing the commission for the agents selling or buying the property. We have run out of ideas and money and now we need to...

View more questions Search