Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tammieh1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 06:50 AM
    Withdrawing Funds for College Tuition
    We have a son in college and would like to withdraw funds to pay for his tuition. Is there a penalty for this?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 4, 2007, 06:59 AM
    Withdraw from what?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 4, 2007, 07:40 AM
    If you take money out of savings or money market, no problem. However, if you pull from an IRA or other tax shelter you will face a penalty. Get back to us with additional details.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex not paying college tuition? [ 3 Answers ]

Can my ex refuse to pay for our son's college tuition even though it is in the divorce that we each pay 50%? He says he doesn't have the money and probably can't get a loan due to negative equity on his house... Is it worth it to take him to court?

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

Divorce and Child's College Tuition [ 7 Answers ]

Our divorce settlement stipulated that our child's college tuition would be split 50/50. My exhusband says he can only afford 1/3 of the costs and for only the next two years. I don't own a home, but I make about 3X's as much as he does He does own a home, but it is in his wife's name -...

Withdrawal from 401k for child's college tuition [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to confirm something for my brother. In 2006 he did an early withdrawal from his 401k of $5,000.00 to go towards his daughter's first year of college tuition. What ax liability his he facing?

College funds [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 1 year old daughter and would like to start some kind of college fund for her but have no clue what would be the best program out there. Please advice which fund would be best and save money on Taxes. Thanks, Joe

View more questions Search