Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snomet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 06:13 PM
    "found new hardware" for boot drive
    Running Windows XP Pro with update 3, recently started getting "Found new hardware" on bootup for my boot (C:) drive, which has been working fine for some time. Haven't installed any new programs recently. Get this message every time I boot up. Checked "system devices" and found that my Western Digital 120 Gb drive has no drivers, but this is a standard dirve that the XP OS should be able to recognize. The system works okay, but is slow on boot due to this error. Any suggestions welcome!
    ComputerCoot Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 04:36 AM
    The OS recognizes drives, but it needs a driver to operate one. It sounds like your disk's driver got corrupted. When XP says it recognizes new hardware, does it say that it is finding and instaliing a driver, or does it ask you to supply one?
    adec234 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

Nov 12, 2007, 08:15 AM
    Your hard disk is getting problem
    Bdfoster31 Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Dec 11, 2007, 10:24 PM
    Western Digital hard drives used to be very good, but lately they have been notorious for not working right. If you decide to get another hard drive, I would go for Maxtor, because I have had very good luck with them.

Could also be an OS problem, and they may be coming out with a fix on it.
    adec234 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

Dec 12, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Win xp proessional use to recognise Western Digital hard drives but if it well configure and well mouted on controller if the problem still persist reinstall the window

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Safely Remove Hardware"? [ 6 Answers ]

After installing a Windows (Vista HP) update (it also updated my monitor drivers and something to do with the video card), I now have a system tray icon that says "Safely Remove Hardware." It gives the option to "unplug or eject" either the DVD drive or, I believe, the monitor. I don't want to...

"New Hardware Found" Virus? [ 5 Answers ]

My computer keeps saying “New Hardware Found CD/DVD Drive” once it starts up and then the entire system freezes. I tried starting it in Safe Mode, but that didn't work. I even tried system restore, but I either couldn't get to it fast enough before it froze or when I did and clicked on it nothing...

Windows baloney! "Safely Remove Hardware" [ 4 Answers ]

I've got a Seagate external hard drive that removes just fine from my laptop, but here at my office I get the message "The devie 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later." When I click on the Safely Remove Hardware icon. I've googled it to death...

Windows xp" Help and Support Services" not found [ 1 Answers ]

On clicking Help and Support in startup menu an error messege appears"Windows cannot find 'helpctr.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try again.To search for a file,click the Start button, and then click Search."I searched and found the files at...

LoadLibrary("initpki.dll") failed - The specific module could not be found. [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I think I may have got myself in a bit of a pickle here! and I'm a bit of a novice in terms of computing. Right I have XP and I have AOL 9.0, I recently downloaded MSN messenger 7.5, I've had no problem with msn messenger in the past but this time I couldn't sign on. I also noted that I...

View more questions Search