Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hotrod2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Draws on Commissions should be what kind of an account?
    What kind of an account should Draws on Commissions be for salesmen? It is currently entered as "Other Current Assets" and I have been told it should be an expense account.
    jdeshayes Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Well, it sounds like these are possibly an advance against the commissions that salespeople would earn. If that's the case, then yea, it would be a current asset (because you'd presumably getting it credited against commissions they earn).

So, if they take a draw, you debit "Draws on Commissions", credit cash.
    When they actually earn the commission, you debit Commission Expense, then credit the Draws on Commissions.

However, if it is just the commission, then it would be an expense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for cartoon about boy who draws dogs who come to life and get him in trouble! [ 9 Answers ]

I have been trying to find the name of this cartoon movie or show for so long!! It's got a boy or a girl or a pair of siblings who are drawing in their rooms... they draw two dogs and they come to life and get them in trouble in the backyard (they spraythe hose) and in the grocery store. I can't...

401K draws and Income tax reporting [ 6 Answers ]

I requested a draw from my 401K on 12/28/2006; it was pulled from my 401K account by Fidelity, but they didn't deposit it into my checking account via EFT until 1/2/2007. Is this taxable income for 2006; Fidelity reported it on a 2006 1099-R? I think it is taxable income for 2007 since I didn't...

Me and my kind of ex [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I really don't know what to do in this situation. I started working at this store in June 2006 and the girl I'm confused about started working at the same time. Even the same training group. We became friends and about a month ago, we really got into each other. We started going to the movies...

Sales Commissions [ 1 Answers ]

What general ledger accounts do I Debit & Credit when I book an entry for employee sales commissions?

Amortizing Sales Commissions from previous years [ 3 Answers ]

I work for a small company in sales and I am paid a base and commission. In 2004, I was only paid commissions for only the commissions I earned in first half of the year. I was not paid any commissions in 2005. The company -- like most small companies -- was running on a wing and a prayer, but we...

View more questions Search