Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tina Koester Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Filing HOA Lien against homeowner
    Trying to find out how to file a lien against a homeowner Arizona who has not paid their Assessments, without having to hire an attorney
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Hello Tina:

You need to sue them in small claims court and win a judgment. Then you can file a lien.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 4, 2007, 08:20 AM
    Are you representing the HOA? What do the bylaws say? In many situations where an HOA exists, the owner cannot sell without the approval of the HOA, which would preclude the need for a lien.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HOA Filing a Lien on a house. [ 3 Answers ]

I am the President of my Home Owners Association. We have a couple of homowners who refuse to pay their home owner dues. It clearly states in our bylaws that we reserve the right to file a lien against your house if you are delinquent in paying your dues. My questions are, do we need a lawyer to...

Filing a Lien [ 1 Answers ]

How Do You File A Lien on a piece of real estate without a lawyer? I have paid over $600 for work to be done on a property and have not been repaid. The house is under contract and ready to close!! Help! Thanks.

HOA lien [ 1 Answers ]

I need to file a lien on a unit in one of the hoas I management in los angeles California. This unit is being sold but owner owes over $3,000 in due and special assessments.

Filing a lien [ 2 Answers ]

This maybe an unusal question or circumstance but, my son let his girlfrien use his cell phone so that she would have one to use while she was away at college, her parents took the phone and threw it in the toilet and damage it to where it doesn't work properly. The parents also have another one...

Filing Lien on a property [ 2 Answers ]

I invested in a property with another person... the property and mortgage are entirely in his name, and there was a partnership agreement executed at the beginning of this process. My dollar investment into this property has been 4X that of my partner, and we are now trying to sell the...

View more questions Search