Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ssuan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Tray pump quit
    I have a pump hooked up beneath my sink in the basement which handles the discharge from the washing machine, (as well as the water from the sink). It is less than one year old and I never had any problems with it before. Last night it just stopped working. Water is now leaking from the middle of the black unit which houses the pump. Any ideas what is wrong and are there any steps I can take to try to get the pump working?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 5, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Hey Susan,

First check the breaker box for a open circuit breaker. If you have power to the unit check the float switch in the pit to see if it's working. Jiggle it and see it the pump comes on. Let me know what you find. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I take emergency leave of absence and then quit or just quit immediately? [ 4 Answers ]

I have to leave job for which I did not have time to notify my employer 2 weeks before I quit. My planes changed so fast. I have to quit immediately, but I I still have my shift schedule for tomorrow. I work at Starbucks as barista. Should I make call and tell them that my car broke and cannot come...

Why is my condensation tray nt draning [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know why my condensation tray not draining on my central air unit can anyone help?

MAC G-5 CD tray will not open [ 4 Answers ]

MAC G-5 CD tray will not open, even when holding down the mouse key while restarting

XP System Tray errors [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I boot up my computer, about half the time the programs I have designated to start in the system tray don't appear. I have gone into "msconfig" and have cut down to the bare minimum (anti-virus, firewall, video-card program, etc), and it didn't really help much, as it still continues. ...

View more questions Search