Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Need Calendar Ideas
    I'm not sure this is in the right spot, but it seemed appropriate.

I make calendars at work for the various work stations (about 20). Each year I try to do a graphic that incorparates as many of the staff as I can. Last year I had a Christmas tree and the ornaments were their faces, for example.

This year I am coming up dry. My creativity is just not there.

Any ideas? I don't necessarily have to use their image - something that I could insert names and/or departments would work, too.

Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 3, 2007, 11:36 AM
    How about 3 menorahs with their images in the flames ;)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2007, 11:49 AM
    You know great resources are teacher's helper sites. Or go to your library and check out some of the curriculum aids. I used to do that because I had so little extra money to buy the books on my own.

I remember one calendar I made was a winter scene with the trees and snow , etc. Birds, such as cardinals and made little cardinals with staff's and children's names on them. You can use whatever you would want. You could do snowmen and snowwomen too.

If you would be interested, I could send you some of those curriculum sites. What kinds of calendars does your computer program, such as print master, offer?
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    How about 3 menorahs with their images in the flames ;)
    You know Scott, I have had Christians, Mormans, Wiccans, Buddhists and Agnostics work for me, but never anyone of the Jewish faith. A Menorah is a good idea, though.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 3, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Chanukah is early this year, 1st week in Dec.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Oct 3, 2007, 12:23 PM
    What about presents with tags. And the tags are peoples name
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Oct 3, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Or maybe like wanted pictures of the people as a joke and have it say like "Chris"

Then have a picture of him or w/e, and then below the picture have "Wanted for <Instert something funny>"
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2007, 01:43 PM
    What about snowflakes? Ice skates? Skis? Snowboards? Winter Olympics? Mittens?

Here is a link on winter crafts and projects, you might find some ideas in that:
    Winter Craft Projects snowflakes snowman snow people
    Family Crafts - Offers

Make a Winter Coloring Book
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Should have asked you, do you have calendar planning software at all, like Print Shop or Print Master?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2007, 01:53 PM
    Make a collage from magazine cuttings and incorporate the names into the collage,
    It will be fun to search for each persons name.

EDIT:::;And as Shy suggested winter themes ,you could add snowflakes in between as decoration.
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Oct 3, 2007, 02:08 PM
    I got this idea from the Jan Brett website - a gingerbread house - Trim a Jan Brett Gingerbread Baby House
    Her main site: Author Jan Brett's Home Page - A Great Place for Ideas
    Now that may not apply at all but it is cute.

Here is the A to Z site - A to Z Kids Stuff Home Page
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sGt HarDKorE
    or maybe like wanted pictures of the people as a joke and have it say like "Chris"

Then have a picture of him or w/e, and then below the picture have "Wanted for <Instert something funny>"

We actually had a trainee disappear during his lunch break. We thought he was a "quit - no notice" kind of person.

He didn't quit - he got picked up on a bench warrant while at the Burger King!
    Punkergurl13 Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Oct 3, 2007, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland
    I'm not sure this is in the right spot, but it seemed appropriate.

I make calendars at work for the various work stations (about 20). Each year I try to do a graphic that incorparates as many of the staff as I can. Last year I had a Christmas tree and the ornaments were their faces, for example.

This year I am coming up dry. My creativity is just not there.

Any ideas? I don't necessarily have to use their image - something that I could insert names and/or departments would work, too.

Thanks!
    You could have a picture of your eyeball with a picture of someone in your eye. (someone you see.) and then that person's eye seeing another person and sooo on!

Hope that helped, be pretty cool if you could pull that off!

-meg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The NC Calendar [ 1499 Answers ]

I just had this idea after reading Mik's post. How about if we use this thread to count the NC days, all of us? Each one would mention how long he/she's been maintaining the NC period and how he/she feels with time. Maybe in some way this can help us all (including me)? This is my first...

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

Outlook Calendar [ 2 Answers ]

How do you make a certain Calendar view(i.e Monthly) your default Calendar view? Every time I change it to monthly, it goes back to weekly when I click away and click back to calendar. Thanks in advance

View more questions Search