Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmanley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2005, 12:48 PM
    Is it harassment
    My fiancé works in a restaurant and her manager stands on top of her makes her feel uncomfertable and he has made other girls there very self conscious ( staring at there chest). She reported the problem of him being this way and her other managers said they didn't see it so it didn't happen. He has made himself to be close so she will have ot bump into him she feels helpless and I am just wondering about some other opions I ma thinking of contacting a laywer but I would like some input. Thank you Ryan
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 13, 2005, 01:43 PM
    If this is obvious enough for customers to notice, then ask some of your friends to stop by sometime, or go there now and then yourself and just observe the situation yourself. This way, there will be independent witnesses to the abusive behaviour of this jerk. Either that, or if your g/f has a handy with a camera, have her snap a closeup of his actions and show the boss.
    http://www.mywiseowl.com/articles/Sexual_harassment Start with this site to get a little better informed. Good Luck.
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Oct 13, 2005, 08:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rmanley
    My fiance works in a resturant and her manager stands on top of her makes her feel uncomfertable and he has made other girls there very self concious ( staring at there chest). She reported the problem of him being this way and her other managers said they didnt see it so it didnt happen. He has made himself to be close so she will have ot bump into him she feels helpless and i am just wondering about some other opions i ma thinking of contacting a laywer but i would like some input. Thank you Ryan
    No, I don't think it is enough to be considered as harassment. It will be very difficult to prove it in the court. Harassment laws have gotten a lot tougher for employees to prove it.
    letmeno Posts: 215, Reputation: 23

Oct 13, 2005, 09:50 PM
    CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT! Get at least 10 willing people to come forward and give a statement. There is strength in numbers.
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Oct 13, 2005, 10:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmeno
    CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!! Get at least 10 willing people to come forward and give a statement. There is strength in numbers.
    They will have to clearly quantify the damage done by the guy. Even if they win, lawyers get most of the money on class action suit. Then again, lawyers are smart enough NOT to take "peanut" cases.

I hope I didn't offend lawyer members here. If I did, yeah, so sue me. :D
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 14, 2005, 02:22 AM
    That's why involvement of others to back it up is important. There are also online law sites that can help with advice.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2005, 04:31 AM
    Harassment
    Hi,
    This does sound like harassment. Talk with a lawyer. The point of talking with a lawyer is to get some professional advice. Your actions probably will not be to "win over" a lot of money, but to just get the person(s) to stop what they are doing.
    You can also do some research on the web, using a search engine, like google.com, typing in "workplace harassment", without quotes.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    rmanley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2005, 10:45 AM
    Well it is not like we want money this man is a pervert he is in his 40's and he stalks girls in their teens he said to another male co worker who was serving some 15 old girls who are his age and he was making plans to meet up with them later and this manager said that he would help him take care off them and winked to me it isn't about money but getting this man away from these girls he has already had a complaint about him and nothing was done the instance was he was fixing a tie on a 15 year old girls uniform and he pulled her shirt out to see down it
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 14, 2005, 11:40 AM
    Then please check the link in post 2 in this thread, and get advice. I did not think that you were out for money, just need to teach men like him that this is not correct behavior. Good Luck.
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Oct 31, 2005, 10:46 PM
    Rmanley
    Why would you continue to let your fiancé to work there? Id pull her out of there in a New York minute There's got to be other places to work with better uniforms and better working conditions.
    How do you keep from walking up and clobbering the a **hole? ranieri
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 1, 2005, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ranieri
    Why would you continue to let your fiance to work there? Id pull her out of there in a New York minute Theres got to be other places to work with better uniforms and better working conditions.
    How do you keep from walking up and clobbering the a **hole? ranieri
    This is also a good point and I would seriously think of this as an option, depending on the job market in your area. Wish you lots of luck and please keep us posted.

P.S. I still think that people like him need a lesson or two, but a job change afterwards will put you both in a less stressful phase in your lives.

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2005, 08:08 AM
    If you are in the US a good web site for legal advice is: http://www.nolo.com/index.cfm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Other Spouse's reaction to sexual harassment [ 5 Answers ]

What if your spouse has been a victim of sexual harassment and retaliation for not complying with advances from a co-worker? What rights to I, as the other spouse have? Although the advances were made to my husband, and he did not physically respond to the flirtations, he verbally did, and thus...

Harassment from new landlord and inspections [ 2 Answers ]

My old land lord passed away February 8th ,2006 he owned the building for as long as I lived here since 1973, I had a good relationship with him. His son and daughter took over and the son dislikes me and is angry that I am under rent control. Anway to make a long story short, I have had pets...

Landlord harassment [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to take my landlord to small claims court what can I claim? He has made no repairs on my apt since I moved in and then he tries to monitor who comes in and out of my apt and how long they stay. He questions my teenager and guest who come to my apt. I have called the police on him since...

View more questions Search