Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BIRD1933 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Twin of opposite sex sharing bedroom
    My twin grandkids are almost 13 and they live with the father and a step mother. They recently all moved in with her parents and the twin have to share a bed room. I don't like it and is it legal
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Oct 3, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BIRD1933
    My twin grandkids are almost 13 and they live with the father and a step mother. they recently all moved in with her parents and the twin have to share a bed room. I don't like it and is it legal
    It is not illegal they are family. Have you talked to the parents about your discomfort. I know it isn't a prime situation for them to be sharing rooms but why does this bother you so much and why think it would be illegal?
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2007, 10:09 AM
    I agree with mountain man, it's not ideal but it's not illegal.

EDIT where I live anyway
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 3, 2007, 10:13 AM
    There is nothing remotely illegal about it. In fact it shouldn't even be a problem as long as they don't share the same bed. I would assume their parents are going through some financial difficulty that caused them to move in with her parents.

Instead of trying to make trouble you should be trying to help them.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 3, 2007, 12:48 PM
    I have to agree with everyone. Although, where I live, when it comes to rental property, rental agents will not rent to families where a boy and girl have to share a room at any age. I have run into this many times in my state prior to purchasing my own home.

So, it all depends on location, location, location.

I agree with Scott, is there any way you can help them?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children Sharing A Bedroom/Bed [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 12 yr old daughter who lives with me, my live in boyfriend has a 13 yr old daughter who visits every other weekend. Her mother is causing a fit because we do not have a separate bedroom and bed for her daughter. The girls choose to "camp out" on the living room floor when she is here. I...

Chilren of opposite sex sharing a room [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a law in Washington about children of the opposite sex sharing a room past certain ages?

Sharing a bedroom [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a stepson of 14 a stepdaughter of 7 who both share the same bedroom meanwhile ai have a son of 14 who comes and stays of a week end . We rent private in a 2 bedroom house as it is all we can afford . We are on the council list. DOES ANYONE NO WHAT THE BRITISH LAGAL AGE IS FOR...

Opposite angles in a triangle [ 2 Answers ]

a right angle triangle has one angle of 30degrees and the side opposite this angle has a length of 1 metre. Calculate the length of the hypotenuse and the value of the remaining angle

Ash is opposite of red right.. [ 1 Answers ]

My natural haircolor is a very light brown, maybe even considered dark blonde, with warm tone (shines orange). At my temples though it is more of an ash blonde and the shine is more platinum. I want that to be my allover hair color. I've read all about blue and green cancelling out the red, and...

View more questions Search