Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gabby324 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Proving a father unfit
    I have a 1 and a half year old and the courts gave her sleep overs with her dad is it right for a 1 year old to have sleep overs? They say I have to prove him unfit, how do I do that.
    cjonline Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Oct 3, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Is he unfit? What has he done? If he has done something you might want to get a attorney and see what your options are and take him back to court.

If he hasn't done anything and your just scared that your baby is going away for the night then, this may sound harsh, but get over it. Use the time and do something for you, go out with friends, watch a movie you can't when she's there. If your lucky the overnights will continue until she moves out. Every single parent can use down time.

Remember, he might not be as good of a parent as you want him to be, he won't ever be what you think he should be or you would most likely still be together, but it doesn't mean that he shouldn't see his child overnight. He loves her, after all he fought for overnights with her and that's more than my ex did for his kids. Let her enjoy her time with her daddy and you enjoy your break.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 3, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Unless the 1 yr old is only being fed breast milk, I don't see anything wrong with it. Why do you think he's unfit?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Essentially you'd have to prove that he is a danger to her. If it cannot be established that he is, then no judge is going to deny him visitation. Under normal conditions overnight visitation would be appropriate when the child is 1 1/2 years old.
    Nicole98 Posts: 42, Reputation: 0

Oct 4, 2007, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gabby324
    i have a 1 and a half year old and the courts gave her sleep overs with her dad is it right for a 1 year old to have sleep overs? they say i have to prove him unfit, how do i do that.
    Is there a reason you feel he is unfit? A child needs both parents in there lives. Is there a reason you feel otherwise if so you need to address that to the courts and you have to be able to have proof of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proving mother unfit [ 9 Answers ]

Me and my husband have now been married for 9months. For the first 6months of our marriage we were going through a custody battle for his 2 yr old little girl. When the biological mother found out about our marriage she said we would never see the little girl again. We went to court the first...

Proving an unfit parent [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to determine what constitutes an unfit parent in the courts.

Getting custody and proving unfit parent [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am divorced from my youngest daughter father. I am wanting to get full custody of her. His house is a disaster I had to go buy a new shower curtain for his shower because his was covered in black mold, and the house is a mess. Can I just take pictures of his place and they would be...

Family law proving unfit [ 5 Answers ]

My step daughter is 12 yrs. Old, I have been married to her father for 10 yrs. She has been molested at least 4 times in the custody of her mother all by her mothers boyfriends. She has developed an eating disorder (anorexia) and has started mutilating her body by erasers. She has just informed us...

Proving unfit parent [ 2 Answers ]

My niece is an admitted drug user. Her grandmother has had physical custody of her for 4 weeks now. Now her mother thinks she wants her back. No job, no money, possible criminal thief charges. What info do we need to prove unfit parent.

View more questions Search