Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itzzybizzy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 06:48 AM
    Hair Folicle Test
    Hi... a little over 30 days ago, I tried meth. It might have been equivalent to a few lines. I'm not an habitual user, don't use it, just tried it, and haven't used it since. I now am going for a hair folice test for a job application and HR told me they are testing for drug use within the last 90 days. Will this one time use of Meth show up? Also, is there a hair folicle treatment that I can use to completely clean it out so I can have piece of mind.

Thanks
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 10, 2007, 01:07 AM
    I'm sorry, but your stupid. Have you not seen what meth does to people? And they WILL be able to tell that you have used meth, there is no way of getting around it. Might as well save yourself the embarrassment and not go.
    kate1951 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2011, 12:49 PM
    My son is tried one pill of oxycontin 7 days ago. That's it. He doesn't do drugs. Tomorrow he will take a hair floicle test. Do you think the oxy might show in the hair?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2011, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kate1951 View Post
    My son is tried one pill of oxycontin 7 days ago. That's it. He doesn't do drugs. Tomorrow he will take a hair floicle test. Do you think the oxy might show in the hair?
    It depends entirely on the basics of the test.

Oxycontin usually isn't detected in standard drug screens that test only for natural opiates.

The hair tests all begin with an initial screen and only those that test positive at that stage advance to the more sensitive confirmatory test.

At 7 days a standard opiate screen should be negative for Oxy.

However multi-panel screens test for the semi-synthetics, including Oxy, using a lower cutoff, and it would be detected if it was incorporated into the hair. It is unlikely that one pill would result in detectable level in hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cutoff level for meth in hair folicle testinG? [ 6 Answers ]

On Dec. 23 I did several lines of meth in a 3 hour period. I took a hair folicle test on Jan. 23 and this did not show up. No I have did one line of meth and am hoping that this will not show up. Is there a cut-off level? I know it was stupid... Please help

Hair Folicle Test [ 5 Answers ]

Both my husband and I have used meth over the last 2 years. Our employer is requesting volumtary testing of all employees. It will be either a urine or hair follicle test and managed randomly. My question is since I have long hair and he gets his cut often, isn't he less likely to produce a...

Hair folicle testing [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé has to do a hair folicle test and was in the same room with other people smoking cocaine, is this going to present a problem for the test results if this happened a month ago?

Folicle drug test [ 1 Answers ]

It can be detected even with new hair growth for 90 days or more, after using. As for detoxing it sooner as far as I know there is nothing that can.

Hair folicle testing [ 1 Answers ]

I have been clean for approx. a month. I was using meth. I need to take a hair folicle test is this drug still going to show up with the hair folicle test? Is there anything I can use or do to prevent this drug from showing up?Any type of quick detox or shampoo?

View more questions Search