Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    olesuds1 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 02:21 AM
    Peeing and hurting?
    At 83 pretty decent heath but for the past 2 weeks having lot of pain my lower growing area like being kick in the balls. My Dr got me on Flomax for the past 2 weeks and that doesn't seem to help. What's causing this pain? Cannot find any cancer.. Thanks Paul
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 3, 2007, 04:02 AM
    You doctor has given you Flomax to relax your muscles in the groin area. Here is the information on this medication. If you didn't discuss the whole treatment with your doctor, you should have. You may not be giving the medications enough time, or it may be reacting adversely to another medicaton you are on. If this was a new doctor you are seeing then you should have made him aware of all meds you are on at the present time.

I hope you are enlightened as to the feeling of 'being kicked in the balls'. It is muscle contractions.

FLOMAX

Tamsulosin (flomax) belongs to a group of medications known as alpha 1A receptor antagonists. It is effective for the treatment of the symptoms of enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH).

As the prostate gland enlarges, it can exert pressure on the urethra, the tube that carries urine away from the bladder to be expelled. This causes a weak urine stream or a feeling of not being able to empty the bladder completely. Tamsulosin helps to relax the muscles in the prostate and the opening of the bladder. This helps the stream of urine to flow more freely and the bladder to be emptied completely.

Tamsulosin (flomax) does not shrink the prostate gland. Therefore, although symptoms are improved with treatment, prostate surgery may still be needed sometime in the future if the prostate gland continues to enlarge

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health insurance for Senior Citizens [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for a Health Insurance policy in INDIA to cover my Family of 3 and my Senior Citizen Parents. Can any Insurance company in INDIA, cover my parents as well who are above 60 yrs of age, and proved a cover to the entire family.

Health insurance for Senior Citizens [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for a Health Insurance policy to cover my Family of 3 and my Senior Citizen Parents. Can any Insurance company cover my parents as well who are above 60 yrs of age, and proved a cover to the entire family.

Health Insurance for Senior citizens in India. [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know which health insurance is good for senior citizens. My requirements are the following. 1) I am looking for a long term perspective. Would like to renew the policy for next 8-12 years. So the policy should be Renewable till the age of 70/75 years. 2) Pre-existing...

Senior health plan [ 3 Answers ]

I am a senior. My wife is 60. I have a 16 yr old daughter living at home.Don't have a health plan. Is there help financially for me for health care

Senior Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

I receive O.A.S. & C.P.P.(Saskatchewan,Canada) My wife is not eligible yet, We have a 16 year old daughter still living at home. I have no medical insurance. Is there anything out there for me? Thanks

View more questions Search