Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momtobe949 Posts: 78, Reputation: 11

Oct 2, 2007, 08:16 PM
    6 weeks pregnant should I cut down on hours of work?
    I found out I was 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant, this is my second time becoming pregnant,the first one ended in a m/c in June.
    I am working 40 hours plus time spend in court, should I cut it down by at least 8 hours a week in order to give the baby and I a rest?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 08:20 PM
    I would discuss with your doctor. I don't see a need to do that this early on unless your doctor shows concern. Good luck and congrats!
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2007, 05:22 AM
    Unless your pregnancy is considered high risk, or there is a health issue that would be comlicated by your pregnancy, I wouldn't see why you would need to cut back work... that is, unless you WANT to :)

I know you are probably concerned about miscarrying again :( But honestly, sometimes the "time" just isn't right. If you are going to miscarry, it will happen regardless if you are working or not. Being up and active (like working) is great for pregnancy. I waitressed 40+ hours a week while I was pregnant... did it the entire time, until about a week before I delivered.

Discuss your concerns with your doctor though. If it will give you peace of mind, to ease up at work, then do it :)
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2007, 08:27 AM
    I worked over 40 hours with my first child as well, on my feet the wntire time. I actually think that is part of what made my labor easier... lots of walking around the whole pregnancy.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Oct 4, 2007, 08:36 AM
    If you have all day sickness like I did then it might not be a bad idea to cut back until you are past all of that. Many days I could not even hold down a small glass of water. I still worked. I agree with macksmom there really is not reason to quit or cut back if you are not high risk. The reason you mc is also a big factor. Do what your body tells you is right. Do what's right for you.
    momtobe949 Posts: 78, Reputation: 11

Oct 5, 2007, 05:19 AM
    Wow macksmom that is awesome that you worked right up till you went into labor. Your right I am just scared of miscarrying again, its something I think about daily. I just want to do everything I can to keep this little guy in me.

I do want to thank all of you for the great answers it really helps having you all around.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 5, 2007, 05:56 AM
    You need to maintain the current amount of exercise and activity throughout pregnancy that you had prior to pregnancy. This is what your body is used to and any changes can cause stress on you or the little one. Now, understand that stress within your body is typically unnoticed to you. This is a different kind of stress than say the kind you get with work and bills, etc.

I had my last one at age 38 and I continued to work, go to school, attend my volunteering obligations, as well as my older children's activities up until the day before I delivered. I did all this until Thursday and delivered on Friday.

It is very important to maintain your current level of activity unless you are in a high risk pregnancy and your doctor has ordered you to slow down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 10 weeks pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm 10 weeks pregnant and I have been using Certain Dri Anti-perspirant. Is it okay to use when pregnant. I couldn't find any information about not using it when pregnant?

18 weeks pregnant [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I am 18 weeks pregnant and am a bit worried about the amount of weight I have put on already! Before I got pregnant I was 8st now I am 8st 11llb so I have already put on 11llbs. I think this is a bit much!! Im trying to eat healthy but I am ALWAYS hungry!! Also with my job I am sat down at a...

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

3-4 weeks pregnant.. . [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I went to the doctor about 5 days ago and found out than I'm 3-4 weeks pregnant and I'm really excited but The next day I staarted spotting so I went to the E.R. Cause it really worried me a lot and they did a lot of test and told me it is OK but it has been about 4 days now and I'm still kind...

I am 4 weeks pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

K what happened was I found out that I am pregnant but I had a little bit of pain on my right side so the doctor told me it was a blatter infection so he gave me some pills for it then a few days went by and the pain did not go away so I went to the walk in clinic again and the doctor told me it...

View more questions Search