Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    felix7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2005, 05:49 AM
    Kenmore dryer stopping
    I have a Kenmore dryer that stops before the time is through. Does it just sound like a dirty or broken timer or can there be another cause? If I hit the start button, it continues and then stops again after a while. There is no pattern to the amount of time before it shuts off. Thanks in advance.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2005, 07:12 AM
    The start button energizes a relay. The relay could be getting old and dropping out before the end of the cycle. They are cheaper to replace than timers. Cheaper yet is finding a loose connection and fixing it.
    MrMrsB Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 04:35 PM

We're having the same problem. The heating element could be getting too hot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore HE3 Dryer [ 4 Answers ]

Dryer is getting electricity because the lights come on when a drying selection is pushed. The drum will not turn. When I press the start button, I hear a clicking sound and nothing happens after that! What's up with this?

Kenmore dryer [ 4 Answers ]

My dryer go on but there's no heat I just had it fix for the same problem. I was told it had a breaker that may turn heat back on. HELP I don't know where it is. Thank you.

Kenmore Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My dryer runs. But, there is no heat. Is that an easy fix?

Kenmore dryer help / No heat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore 80 series Super capacity plus dryer. Model# 77832791 77832 that is not heating. Sounds like after it runs for about 30 seconds that it is trying to fire up but then doesn't. I consider myself to be handy and could probably fix it with some help. Any idea where I should start? Does...

Kenmore Gas Dryer [ 3 Answers ]

When I push the start button it sounds like it wants to start but it won't. I opened the door and depressed the safety switch to see if the drum would turn, It won't. If I keep pushing the start button, after a few seconds it stops making a noise like it is trying to start and begins to click( like...

View more questions Search