Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flameruckus Posts: 93, Reputation: 2

Oct 2, 2007, 04:37 PM
    How to play a Low A on the sax
    How do you play that low A? Can't figure it out and I can't ask anyone.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2007, 04:45 PM
    I am assuming that you are wanting to know about the correct fingering? Is that correct?

If so, then there are awesome fingering charts on the following site: First Octave - Basic Fingering Chart for Saxophone - The Woodwind Fingering Guide Low "A" is the first note on the page.

Or, is there another issue that you have to playing the low "A?"
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Oct 2, 2007, 05:03 PM
    If you know the fingering but still can't get it, drop your jaw. Other than that I can't help you; I play tenor, not alto. But if you need any help on the clarinet I can indeed help you! :D
    Psyche90 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 10:23 PM
    I didn't think Altos could play a low A... unless you drop your jaw a lot. There's a key for it on Bari though.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2008, 10:39 PM
    We never really knew which saxophone the original poster was asking about.
    flameruckus Posts: 93, Reputation: 2

Apr 6, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Yeah, well... All fingerings for Saxophones are the same, technically. And I do play alto.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Here's something to play with [ 2 Answers ]

For kids of all ages! Animal Splicer 1.0 Drag and drop one critter onto each pad, pull the splicer handle and get a new critter! Release the new critter and make some more! The fun goes on. Make sure your speakers are turned up!

Low Pressure and Low Flow Water Supply [ 4 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house that is about 6 years old. The house sits upon a small hill. The water pressure is 40 psi at the street and the flow rate is 13 gpm. At the house, the pressure is about 30 psi and the flow rate is 3.5 gpm. The house is higher than the street level, but the...

I want to play [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I am 24 years old, and my dream has always been to play basketball. I am not sure I am good enough to play in the wnba, and I am not eligible for college basketball because I already have a bachelor degree, and now I am preparing a master degree. I really want to know if there is a way I could...

Buying a car on low income with low responsibility [ 0 Answers ]

I am a student. The car that my parents bought for me doesn't run anymore. I want to buy a new car. My parents have bad credit. My grandparents pay for my schooling, but they will not buy me a car. I only make $5000 to $7500 a year. I have no real financial responsibilities. All of my income is...

View more questions Search