Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    philly Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 03:39 PM
    Backround check
    Does anybody know if a dwi would appear on a criminal backround check from almost 3 years ago. I would appreciate any input you may have.

Thanks in advance

philly
    eleven11_11 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Oct 2, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Yes it will.

Oct 2, 2007, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by philly
    Does anybody know if a dwi would appear on a criminal backround check from almost 3 years ago. I would appreciate any input you may have.

thanks in advance

philly
    Thanks for the help. It is a nationwide check I live in a different state now, does that help me
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 2, 2007, 06:32 PM
    It depends on how the DUI is listed in the state it happened, if it is a criminal charge, and you were arrested, fingerprinted and photoed, it will show up on the NCIC report, in some states, it is treated as a driving record report, not a criminal record. So it would only show up if a DMV record was also ran along with a criminal background.
    As a police officer we always ran both, but some back ground checks don't also run a DMV all the time.

Oct 3, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Thanks Friar< the driving record is what I am hoing for in the state of Indiana< I don't remember being finger printed>

Oct 3, 2007, 07:39 PM
    Hey friar chuck,

Do most companies use ncic to do back groung checks and if they don't use it are ones they use as accurate. Once again thanks in advance
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Today with the internet, many are using paid companies online, in the older days, they would go down to the local police station and get a report ran. In TN you can get the state to run the report. Since many private companies reports can miss things,
    So it is a company by company thing, But only the real NCIC report is ever 100 percent correct from a legal standpoint

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Backround check [ 1 Answers ]

How far back does the backround check go?

Backround check [ 3 Answers ]

When I was 18 got in some misdemeanor trouble. My question is will misdemeanors show up on a FBI criminal check and for how long? I'm now 38 years old and have to get fingerprinted for a job.

Another backround post (sorry) [ 14 Answers ]

I had a job interview today and I basically have the job as long as I pass a backround check. Well... I have gotten in trouble although, I have not been arrested, have not gone to court (yet) but Idont know if Ihave charges filed against me. If I have charges filed against me and never been to...

Backround checks and Fingerprinting [ 2 Answers ]

I was just hired for a job as a Adult Care Program Aide. I start on Monday-12/04/06. They had me go to a place that took my fingerprints and they will also do a backround check. I am 63 years old and back around 25 years ago I got into trouble with a charge about doing something to prevent the...

Check this out here [ 2 Answers ]

http://www.msftlabrat.com/funstuff/jingle.wmv

View more questions Search