Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bonfreak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 01:30 AM
    Wet mount and dry mount preparation
    What is the advantage of using wet mount preparation instead of dry mount preparation?
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2012, 05:37 PM
    The refraction of the liquid lends itself to a better view of intricate structures, and if your specimen is still alive, then the liquid it is suspended in will mean you will be able to view its natural color and the way it moves.

Dry mounts are more temporary in nature unless you seal the cover slip. It is also harder to see intricate structures like you can with a liquid mount.

reference

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to mount a wall mount pot filler [ 3 Answers ]

I was thinking about installing a wall mounted pot filler in our kitchen. What type of fitting and mounting does this require. I am using ½” copper to a thread male. I will secure the pipe to the stud. Is this correct. How far out does the thread need to stick out of the wall.

Toilet Mount [ 4 Answers ]

I could not get my toilet unstopped. I removed the toilet and found I had subtanial root growth where it had broken the flange that the toilet mounts too. How can I replace the mount flange? I put some root cristals in the pipe while I figured out the repair.

Wet or dry mount preparation [ 1 Answers ]

What is the advantage of using a wet mount preparation instead of a dry mount preparation in the study of living cells? PLEASE HELP!

Satillite mount [ 2 Answers ]

I want to buy a free standing mount for my satillite dish. Thanks:)

View more questions Search