Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmoonshine2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 09:49 PM
    I'm being verbally harassed
    I do not want to go to my parents, because they will only say - "how lucky I am to be in such a great school."

It's like a public charter school. I will admit, it is pretty good. But I don't like going any more because some of my peers make jokes about my appearance. I am not ashamed of my looks at all, it's just down right hurtful. I came really close to hitting one because I lost control of my anger. I am a good student and don't want to cause trouble.

This one kid is always sexually harassing me, like touching my leg and rubbing it, or trying to touch my "genital area."

I do not want to go the principals again, I've already done that and don't want to look like a snitch.

Thanks for any future help
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 09:52 PM
    This one kid is always sexually harassing me, like touching my leg and rubbing it, or trying to touch my "genital area."
    If someone is sexually harassing you, you need to go into that principal's office over and over again, as long as you have to, until you get your point across. I think it is sad that you have been in his office before, yet you are still being harassed. This is not okay in any way, shape or form, and should not be tolerated.
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 09:57 PM
    mmoonshine2007 agrees: Thank you, I will think about this because the school is only 70 kids and word spreads FAST
    Me personally, I would rather be labeled as a "snitch" than have someone harass me, sexually or otherwise. You do not deserve to be violated like that.

You think your mother won't understand, but I bet if you tell her, she will. You need to tell her. If you have tried going to the principal and he/she didn't do anything about it, its time to go to the next level. Tell your mother, have her have a talk with the principal. I know if it was my kid going through this, I would be in there faster than you could snap a finger.
    CellistJames Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Oct 2, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Either take what is coming to you via verbal harassment, or do something about it tell the principal you don't have to put up with the harassment, but if you don't do anything about it than you can expect it to continue. One thing is show more respect for yourself, and always appear to be self confident even if your not.
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CellistJames
    Either take what is coming to you via verbal harassment
    What do you mean by this? Take what is coming to you? Are you saying she deserves it?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 05:54 PM
    You have to talk to the Principal, a school counselor, a trusted teacher. What is going on at your school is not only inappropriate but is also illegal. You deserve to go to school and not be harassed sexually or otherwise. If your school continues to do nothing about it you must tell your parents. If you were my kid and the school did nothing I would show up at that school with my very scary attorney and see how quick that kid is booted out of school.

Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. You are not being a snitch he is the one who is doing wrong not you. You do not deserve to have anyone doing this to you in school.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Oct 2, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Just tell them "Knock it off or I am going to tell everyone what you do on weekends!"
    CellistJames Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Oct 2, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    What do you mean by this? Take what is coming to you? Are you saying she deserves it?
    "take what is coming to you" I meant it more like its going to keep happening if she doesn't get some administrative action going. And if she still refuses to get help evidentially then she prefers to not be a snitch and be harassed rather than be a snitch and have some dignity left.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 2, 2007, 07:10 PM
    And that is totally the wrong thing to do, "knocking" anyone anywhere is only a way to lower yourself to their level first of all, and second it is a really great way to get expelled, and you be in trouble.

If and when you are harassed you report it, that is what adults do, they take it to the proper authorities.
    You inform your parents, you inform the school officials. Or you even put up with it, if you don't want to report it, but you never use physcial force because of words say.
    Punkergurl13 Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Oct 2, 2007, 08:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoonshine2007
    I do not want to go to my parents, because they will only say - "how lucky I am to be in such a great school."

It's like a public charter school. I will admit, it is pretty good. But I don't like going any more because some of my peers make jokes about my appearance. I am not ashamed of my looks at all, it's just down right hurtful. I came really close to hitting one because I lost control of my anger. I am a good student and don't want to cause trouble.

I do not want to go the principals again, I've already done that and don't want to look like a snitch.

You KNOOW WHAT?! LIE to the harasser. Say that your "grand pa" is a "lawyer" and will put his away if he does 1 thing as to blinking in your direction. And explain that he will miss living in a house because all of his family's money will be yours once you win it in a lawsuite!!

PLEASE TRUST ME IT WORKS!!

- meg
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 08:56 PM
    Moonshine if you have went to the principal and they have let it slide, please tell your parents. Tell them exactly what has happened don't leave anything out. In a school that small it is untelling how bad things can get. I have heard and read about girls being raped in class. Don't take this crap from anyone! It will only get worse.
    travislee_johnson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 09:25 PM

Snitch or not, it doesn't matter. This individual has absolutely NO right to touch you in anyway that makes you uncomfortable. You go to your principal, and if that gets you no where, go to your school councelor (that is what he's paid for), and in the unlikely event that doesn't work you go to the authorities (police, social service, whatever). Don't let anyone walk all over you, that next time this person touches you remove their hand in a calm way, but say "if you touch me one more time like that, you can let me know what your teeth taste like, because in about 5 seconds your going to be swallowing them!!!!!" Best of luck!! Stay strong!! Don't give up!!
    gallivant_fellow Posts: 157, Reputation: 31

Oct 12, 2007, 08:18 PM
    If someone tries to sexually harass you, I think that you should defend yourself and then report what happened to the principal. Nobody has the right to do that to you.
    aqsa786 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 08:35 PM

Just tell the person that please don't do it I don't like this thing. By the way it happened to me same thing. I try this way it worked for me. Tell me if it worked for you.
    Questionshelp Posts: 153, Reputation: 1
    -

Nov 22, 2007, 09:32 AM
    OMG.. I feel you. Look the best way to go about this is to call the police on this matter. The kid has no right to be touching you in any way. This is way more then harassment. Please go to the police about this issue. If I was in the area I would take care of it for you. I hope you tell your parents and place charges on the kid. Please make the write move on this before it gets worse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Son Verbally Abusive To Me [ 6 Answers ]

My son just turned 30 and he and his wife live about 15 minutes away. They have a 2 1/2 year old boy, my grandson, that I love very much. I spend a lot of time with him and have even kept him over night. I have also been dating a man and we are now in an exclusive relationship. This weekend I...

Verbally abusive mother [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 12yr old boy that is controlling, bossy and whiny at times. I geuss he is somewhat spoiled but he manages to do great in school and never gets into trouble. To me, he is just a typical boy. My mother goes places with my family, weekends away, vacations etc... but it never fails, she always...

I am being harassed [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Indiana... a former co-worker got a hold of my criminal record;she got got all the mortifying juicy tidbits!! She made copies and passed it through the whole Plant & then talked some other stupid women to walk it over to my part time job. The CSM at my part time job didn't do a back...

I think I'm being stalked/harrassed.. [ 15 Answers ]

There is this guy in my high school, he startedto follow me around lately.he knows where I work, live.. etc.. He has over 20 phone numbers and he always calls me. Today he called me and said " If i can't have you then no one else will".he also said " i saw you taking ashower the other night".. and...

Being Harassed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi,I posted this in a reply spot before(oops) so am posting it here now that I figured it out! My name is Heather and I work in a nursing home part time (60 hours every 2 wks)and am trying to drop down to 45 hours because of a private medical condition and I am being harrassed(I feel)by the...

View more questions Search