Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paulocoxa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2004, 09:28 AM
    Changes on the Initial Explorer Page
    ?? I'm sorry for this question... could be something very easy to solve, but I can't. Every time I start the Internet Explorer, my selected initial home page is changed!! Every time!! The home page changes to something like this: "res://uhdfx.dll/index.html#12372".

If someone knows what is this, I really appreciate to receive the answer!!
    alicka Posts: 110, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2004, 07:19 PM
    Re: Changes on the Initial Explorer Page
    G'day

Have you gone into the internet settings and manually put in the web address you want your home page to be? And also Read DSO Exploit Fix, as it is to do with you internet explorer's security.

Once you've manually changed the address, close IE, then reopen it. Has it changed to what you want?

If that doesn't work the program could be corrupt. If that don't work, reinstall IE 6, hopefully this solves you problems matey.

Regards~
    Gkhster Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2004, 11:14 PM
    Changes on the Initial Explorer Page
    This sounds like the latest version of the "CoolWebSearch homepage hijacker" .

There is a ton if information about it, as well as a detailed procedure on how to get rid of it at http://www.pchell.com/support/onlythebest.shtml

If after looking at this page you have questions, please let us know.

Hope this helps,
    Guy
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Dec 24, 2004, 03:13 AM
    Try running Spysweeper available at www.spysweeper.com. Normally I would suggest GIANT Antispyware but Microsoft just bought them out and they have not yet released a new version.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Web page [ 14 Answers ]

My ISP gives me 10Mb of webspace, I would like to just put a few pictures up and maybe some email addresses. Everyone says to buy Dreamweaver or Frontpage, but isn't there a way to create the file in IE and save it as a .htm and upload that? Or maybe even in Word? In Word 2003 when you go to new...

Internet Explorer could not open search page [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Can anybody tell me how to get rid of this dirty message "Internet Explorer could not open search page", I am really pissed of with this message, Can anyone help me please Thanks well in advance Andy

Internet Explorer Home Page [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I log onto to a particular program it automatically changes my Home page on Internet Explorer. Without naming the program I can only mention that It allows me to download music. How can I make my Home Page irreplaceable? MB

View more questions Search