Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AllisonKay Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 03:44 PM
    Is my manager flirting with me?
    So, I don't know if my manager is flirting with me. Whenever I see him he's looking at me, although we don't talk much. But when we talk it seems like he is a very good listener and by good listener I mean intense). He would untie my apron and call me alli instead of allison. He also jokes a lot, and blames me for his misfortunes (in a funny way). We're both 20 something but he acts like a kiddo! What should I think? :O
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Your manager is flirting with you. To untie your apron could be seen as a sexual advance to some courts. Don't risk getting involved with your manager! There is an old saying - do not sleep where you eat - which means do not mix work with dating, etc.
    afroman Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AllisonKay
    So, I dont know if my manager is flirting with me. Whenever I see him he's looking at me, although we don't talk much. But when we talk it seems like he is a very good listener and by good listener i mean intense). He would untie my apron and call me alli instead of allison. he also jokes a lot, and blames me for his misfortunes (in a funny way). we're both 20 something but he acts like a kiddo! what should i think? :O
    Well, since your not in a boyfriend girlfriend relationship, I suggest you tell him straight up. That is if your annoyed by his actions. Remember if you want it done be straight forward the first time. It doesn't mean you have to be nasty about it, you can let him know in a calm firm voice.
    (let me know how it turns out) email: [email protected]

Oct 2, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Thanks guys, that's what I thought. It's like when you're very young and this boy likes you so he bugs you all the time. I don't feel comfortable and I'm certainly not interested. How should I approach him?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Start by saying "I can untie my own apron, thank you."
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Its as simple as saying "please stop". If it continues it can be seen as sexual harassment and I would take it to your HR department so that they can note that something is going on so that way if anything escalates it will be noted.
    MayMsredrose Posts: 189, Reputation: 13

Oct 6, 2007, 03:05 AM
    I strongly agree with Glinda... stop him in a poliet way... I do advise that you do not have relationships/dates... etc with your colleagues because if does not work or when you break up it will be like hell in the office and will back fire on you one way or another...

Ms. Redrose

Oct 11, 2007, 09:28 PM
    Thank you all, I politely asked him not to untie my apron especially because we "DO work in a restaurant, and it isn't appropriate" and he got it. It feels a lot better!
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 05:35 AM
    Good! If he does anything again just calmly repeat yourself and let someone more senior up know about this issue. Hopefully he has gotten the hint that you don't need any "manhandling"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flirting or what else? [ 2 Answers ]

I didn't really know which topic to put this question in, but I guess this will do. I work at a restaurant and there is a guy there who I flirt with and he flirts back. I always grab him and tickle him and he always tries to spill my drinks, etc. However, we are NOT trying to date or anything...

Is it flirting? [ 3 Answers ]

What message do guys (you barely know) want to convey when they touch a girl (arm) deliberately, yet seeming unintentional?

IS this Flirting ? [ 11 Answers ]

A guy walks over to a group of guys and one girl and says to HER " These guys will get you in trouble " then she flips her hair back and giggles??

Text flirting [ 9 Answers ]

I caught my husband of 11 years text flirting with his cousins wife we talked and talked and he said it was a silly mistake and takes full responsibility (she also came clean and said it was all her idea) but at the weekend I could not resist checking my husbands phone as he always never leaves it...

Flirting [ 5 Answers ]

ok, i know how to flirt a little :o but I want to get this guy, who is my best mate....but i dunno how to flirt properly without looking stupid, can anyone help me?

View more questions Search