Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heleconia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 03:24 PM
    How to drain whirlpool tub?
    I just had an American Standard whirlpool installed during my bathroom renovation. The plumbing crew filled it up with a foot of water but didn't drain it. Now I tried to drain it by following the instructions that came with the tub but that didn't work! The instructions say pushing down on the pop-up drain cap at the bottom of the tub to drain. Nothing happened. What did I do wrong? I checked: all the plumbing pipes are in place and connected. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Ken 297 Posts: 112, Reputation: 24

Oct 1, 2007, 03:58 PM
    If you unscrew the pop up piece one or two turns it should give enough clearance to drain the tub.
    If the problem is further down in the plumbing you may have to take the pop up all the way out and check for a blockage downstream.
    Either a plunger or a sewer snake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool washer will not spin or drain tub. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am presently renting a stackable washer and dryer from AZUM leasing. Every time I need maintenance, I have to stay home all day waiting for someone to show up. I am hoping to find a remedy that I can do myself. My washer tub is full of water. It stops on the spin cycle. If...

Whirlpool tub to basement floor drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, 2 questions: 1.) I need to connect a basement roughed-in 2 inch drain to a whirlpool tub. I believe that I can use 1 1/2 inch cheap sink drain to attach to the 2 inch drain. It appears to be really easy to configure. I will use the same for my shower drain? 2.) Can I fill in...

Slow Tub Drain; Draining Sink Overflows Tub [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! I'm looking for advice about some bathroom plumbing issues. We live on the ground floor of a condo building that has a cement slab. The tub in our bathroom has an extremely slow drain (ankles submerged during a shower). We've tried to snake the tub drain both through the drain and by...

Tub drain is an inch offset from old tub [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a new tub and the drain opening is an inch closer to the rear wall than the old tub. My problem is the PVC piping for the drain is also an inch off whereby the overflow/drain vertical pipe doesn't quite match up with the drain pipe. I bought an overflow/drain connection kit from Home...

Moving drain in custom shower, whirlpool tub and toilet on concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I am finalizing plans to update a master bathroom that sits on a concrete slab. My question is: can shower, whirlpool tub and toilet drain holes be moved without drilling into the concrete? If so, what is the maximum amount that the holes can be repositioned without having to drill? I would...

View more questions Search