Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahford007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 05:50 PM
    I just had my bank account levied. It was due to a IRS compliant. My question is, they took out money to satisfy the judgement, does this mean that whenever in the future if I was to deposit more money in the account, it will be withdrawn again ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 1, 2007, 06:30 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

No, an IRS levy has to be refiled each time. But they can do that quickyl if the find money going into the account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frequency of IRS levy on checking account [ 1 Answers ]

Will the IRS continually levy my checking account every time I put money in it or can they only levy it one time per tax issue? I need to transfer money into the checking account so that I can pay bills and keep other checks from bouncing.

IRS taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Can they take your taxes while in bankruptcy

IRS garnishment [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently had my wages garnished from my second job. Can they do this, they took the WHOLE check. Also, is it to late to set up a payment plan. I have not called... I've been to scared to face the amount of money that I owe and have ignored all attempts. :confused:

Need help from the IRS [ 3 Answers ]

Time and Time again I called the IRS to correct an error on my tax return and the conversation ended with me speaking with the most undiscerning batch of extreme ignorance known to me doing my life time. The problem: The student loan interest deduction compared to the deduction allowed for...

View more questions Search