Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harrod Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 05:39 AM
    Between a rock and a hard place
    I have just ended my 7 year relationship with my boyfriend because I feel I can't trust him.Problem is I still love him and I am finding it so hard to move on.He is the love of my life and I feel that my heart has been ripped from my chest.
    2 years into our relationship we starting having problems and one night had a huge fight and he packed his things and left.Less than 1 hour after the fight he was with a prostitute, a friend of mine caught him out accidentally and that's how I found out.He didn't apologise he justified it by saying that we had broken up so he wasn't really cheating, and that he knew if I found out, the relationship would really be over.But he then spent the next 12 weeks begging me to take him back.
    For the past 5 years we have tried, but I still have so many issues on what happened, it has made me feel so insecure and affected my confidence.It has made me think that every time we break up he goes off with someone.He even told me in anger one time that he has slept with other women when we have broken up.I am angry that he betrayed what we had.
    We are not kids and have been married before, we are in our late 40's so you think we should be able to sort our sh*t out.
    How can I heal and become whole again... please someone guide me... help me
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 1, 2007, 01:22 PM
    7 years is a lot to get over, but it starts with cutting contact and building a life you enjoy, and making yourself happy. Please follow the links in my signature, for some good insights and ideas, of how to heal from a break up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard Rock/Classic Metal question [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there! I heard this song last week on Boneyard radio station in the SF Bay area, and I'm unable to find the title and the artist through Google. I can only remember parts of the chorus, which go something like this: "Say goodbye to the land of (Archibane?), ... holding back the rain" I...

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

Caught between a rock and a hard place [ 1 Answers ]

I am in commissioned sales in the mortgage business which is experiencing and incredible meltdown. As a result, I am not even making $1000/month and am living off credit cards and equity in my house. Recently my 15 year old daughter lied and manipulated my Ex-wife into not being at my house (I...

Stuck between a rock and a hard place [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have filed for divorce after 32 years of marriage, there have been ups and downs. I have very little family living far away, and also struggling, until about ten years ago, was still a devout Italian Roman Catholic, so divorce was not even a question, and I believe that my children aged 17...

Between a rock and a hard place [ 1 Answers ]

So I met this girl who's boyfriend committed suicide and she had to watch it first hand... Its been 7-8 months since his death and I think she is ready to move on... she gave me her number the other night, but I was wondering if there were any do's or Dont's with her situation... The girl lives...

View more questions Search