Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mommyof3boys Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 10:56 PM
    11 month old without a father
    HI, I am a single mother of 3 boys, all by the same man. He pays Childsupport for all three boys. We have joint custody with the oldest two. Not with the youngest. He has held our youngest son 3 times in the last 11 months (our baby is 11 months old). He only sees him when he comes to pick up our two oldest sons and says nothing or does nothing to interact with our baby. He picks the oldest boys up on Mondays, Thursdays and everyother Friday. Ive offered him time with the baby, from the time he was born until he was 7 months old( I gave up crying and trying to get him to spend some time with him). He doesn't respond. Ive asked him to voluntarily terminate his parental rights. He told me NO! I don't understand why because he doesn't want anything to do with our baby. I really want him in his life. Because he needs his father as well as his mother. Also I know that our baby is getting older and will start to ask questions about why his daddy is spending time with his brothers and not him. However, I do not see the point in him holding on to his parental rights if he doesn't want anything to do with the baby. My question is, do I have a good reason to want full custody of our son? And is there a good chance that I will receive full custody if I fight for it?
    lsreally Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Oct 1, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Every child should have a father. That does not mean that it will be that way all the time. It is unfair that this man is only involved with two of your three sons. I know this is becoming emotionally stressful on you. Being a mother you have all the right to feel that you shoud have sole custody of the child due to the way the father treats him. Courts only terminate custody from a parent when the welfare of the child is in danger. I don't know a court that would give you full custody to the point where the father has not perental rights. In my eyes I see him losing out on something great. Even if he does not want to interact with the child continue to make him pay child support. He helped you creat that life. As you son gets older explain to him that its not his fault his father is a butt. Just keep encouraging the father to become active with the child. Your not doing anything wrong. Don't feel quilty
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 1, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Some men just don't deal well with infants. This could be the case here. Maybe he thinks when the child is older (out of diapers), he will be able to handle him better and plans on spending more time with him then.

In my opinion you have NO case for full custody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking a month to month lease that was signed 2 days ago. [ 1 Answers ]

Would I Be Able To Collect Back Money Paid To A Lessor For Security Deposit And 1st Months Rent If Apartment Is Not In A Sanitary And Safe Condition And the Lease Was Signed 2 Days Ago And Never Moved Into The Apartment And The Lease Is Month To Month

Landlord Requireing 60 day notice to vacate on Month to Month Lease [ 5 Answers ]

I've lived in this apartment for 4 years. For the past year we have been going month to month, as we anticipated we might need to move out when we purchased a condo. Well, we got the condo, and now need to close in 1 month, yet the management in our apartment complex tells us we need to give...

Month to Month Contract (Security Deposit and 30 day Notice) [ 2 Answers ]

In the State of Ohio is it true the tenant has to give 30 days notice when they are moving out and the landord has to give 30 days notice when asking them to move out? If they do not give 30 days do they lose their security deposit?

Delaware month to month tenant notification of moving out [ 2 Answers ]

Information on the Delaware notification of intent to vacate premises for month to month Tenants. Property management office states you need to give them sixty day notice And then I heard you only have to get a 30 day notice which is it. :confused: royal

View more questions Search