Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mom2469 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 09:12 PM
    My son wants to live with me not his mom
    My son wants to live with me not his mom even though she has full custody. He is with me now but doesn't want to go home what can I do?
    JamieLynn Posts: 55, Reputation: 5

Oct 1, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Well that all depends on the courts decision. If there is a good reason he should stay with you then they might change the custody situation. How old is he? Some judges will let the child decide if there mature enough to make that decision. Does he want to stay with you cause he has more fun with you or is his mother doing something wrong?
    cjonline Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Oct 1, 2007, 11:31 AM
    You say she has full custody. Do you mean physical or Legal or both?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 1, 2007, 12:10 PM
    I'm curious about the choice of handle if you are the dad, not the mom.

Bu in any case, you have no choice. You have to send the kid back home. What you need to do, is petition the court for a change in custody. The court will then review the reasons, talk with your son and decide what's in his best interests.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to live with my mom! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey!. I've been living with my dad for about 4 years on and off.. All my life I have been back and forth between my mom and dad.. And now I am 16 and I want to live with my mom.. Last summer I ran away to be with my mom and I have been taking from my mom before by social services.. But I realize...

I want to live with my mom [ 5 Answers ]

I need advice on what to do I am going to be 15 this year. I have lived with my mom every other week and my dad every other week for 9 years. I don't want to do this anymore but my dad won't listen to me or my mom, he doen't care and makes me go anyway. What do I do to not have to go anymore.

I'm 16 and I want to live with my mom. What do I do? [ 11 Answers ]

Here's the story: My mom had planned to move to Texas, and eventually we went to court. I had had a chance to talk with the mediator and everything, but then, my dad hired a lawyer. Unfortunately for myself, my mom can't afford a lawyer, so we had no choice but to drop the case. Another unusual...

I want to live with my mom [ 2 Answers ]

Im turning 17 in one week and this past year with my dad has been terrible. I live with him and see my mom every other weekend. My dad and I do not get along and all the restrictions he gives me end up in arguments and not very often but sometimes abuse. I got arrested for something stupid that I...

Live with mom- want to live with dad across country [ 3 Answers ]

I live with my mom with my 3 siblings. She has full custody. My dad is getting married and moving to California. I want to go with him. He knows that and says its OK if my mom says its OK. If my mom says no, what happens? Do I go to court? Do I easily loose if I don't have a ligitiment reason to...

View more questions Search