Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    countrygirl0788 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Conversation with guys
    How do I just go up to a guy and start talking? I'm shy and not really sure how to start a conversation.
    Biggie Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Sep 30, 2007, 08:43 PM
    Well, you find one, walk over to him, open your mouth, then say something:p

Sep 30, 2007, 08:57 PM
    I was serious. How else do you expect to talk to a guy? I doubt anyone on here will give you much different advice than I gave you. You're a pretty girl, so I don't see what the trouble is.
    2tonearmy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 12:47 AM
    well really, it isn't that complicated.

just think about how guys, or really anybody for that matter starts up a random cnversation with you. I mean you're going to start as just friends anyway, so therefore it really doesn't matter if you go off an example of a male or a female. Just don't seem too interested in him, if indeed you are very interested, that may turn him off, just seem casual.
    perhaps once a friendly relationship is established, he may be the one chasing after you.

best of luck!

Oct 2, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Let me offer you some free advice. Don't come on here and rate somebody's answer bad when it was an honest answer. If it wasn't the answer you were looking for that's fine, but the people on here do their best to give the best answers possible. Learn to respect that.
    Gybites911 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 11:14 AM
    For me I'm not a girl. But I wait for a girl's birthday and I buy her a present. Then I start talking.
    NItEMArE129 Posts: 222, Reputation: 29

Oct 9, 2008, 05:16 PM

Well the simplest way is to just go up to a new guy and say hi, introduce yourself, get their name, and just say cool. Don't stay too long the first time, and wakl away before it gets awkward. If you see them again later on, just wave and say hey, watsup? After that, its all improvisation pretty much. U can ask about their family, their hobbies, their activities, etc. etc. It's really up to u, but remain calm. He's just a guy (no matter how cute, funny, or sexy u may think he is) and if you treat him like a guy and not some kind of sex god, chances are he'll treat you like a person too.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 06:00 PM

Coming from a person that never learned how to make small talk I can tell you it is difficult to learn. But once learned it becomes really easy to open up. Start with something simple, like "Nice coat', or" I like your hair cut". Then see where it goes from there. Corney? Yea, but then again I am OLD and been out of the game for more years than I can count. But, you get the idea I hope. Remember, practice makes perfect.
    Revival Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Oct 9, 2008, 10:56 PM

What kind of scenario are you most likely to engage in a conversation with a guy?

Bar- compliment his shirt, and he'll compliment you for sure or blow you off. If he blows you off, don't take it personally, there could be a lot of things that caused him to do so.

Public area during the day- Notice something small, a book, a watch, or just something that can be related to the day itself.

Easy-peezy-lemon squeezy. Guys are simple... you talk we'll either listen or at least pretend to... that's going to be the thing you got to worry about. But speaking if the girl makes the first move and starts a conversation he should pretty much be yours from the get go.
    Revival Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Oct 10, 2008, 06:55 AM

You got to remember there are going to be two outcomes at all times. No or Yes... but again I quote a show called "keys to the vip"

"Babe Ruth has been remembered as the home run champ of his time. What most people forget is that he also lead the majors in strikeouts. The moral of the story is no one remembers the strikeouts, but everyone remembers the home runs, so swing for the fences."

Seriously, go in with the mind set that YOU CAN DO IT!! And you should do fine and if not, shake it off and move along to the next candidate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

Intimate conversation? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband starting talking to a woman -- started business. She used to call him all of the time and now he calls her and talks to her for an hour at a time about his life, favorite vacation spots, his feelings, and everything going on with him at his work. I feel like this is inappropriate...

Simple conversation [ 5 Answers ]

I SUCK AT IT! Unless there is a topic (silly or serious) I have a hard time holding a conversation. An example is when somebody comes and sits by me while I'm eating breakfast and says "what's up?". They don't always want a conversation but when they do what do I say other than "nothing, how did...

Conversation I Had Recently: [ 2 Answers ]

I was chatting with a woman at my job the other day... We're bsing about this and that when for some reason she changes her mind over a trivial matter. We laugh and she says, out of the blue, "This is how you know a woman's mind is never dirty." "How's that?" I ask. "Because we change it...

How to initiate a conversation [ 12 Answers ]

I need a little advice and some opinions on this matter. I have been single for almost 5 months now, and although I am enjoying being single and recovering from a very serious relationship and difficult breakup, there are times I will see or meet a guy that I want to talk to, and maybe see where...

View more questions Search