Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Duckling Posts: 45, Reputation: 9

Sep 30, 2007, 08:23 PM
    Books to read to improve the Self, Relationships, ease Breakups, and so forth.
    I noticed that in some threads, people would occasionally mention books that they had been reading about relationships (whether it was with someone, or the relationship you build with yourself). I’m talking about books that really help.

I thought it would be a good idea for people to list the books that helped them improve their relationships, get through breakups, and to advance on a personal level (whether this was improving for themselves or for their partners).

Could you guys list the books, their authors, and why you would recommend them for people here to read?
    madaman Posts: 212, Reputation: 25

Sep 30, 2007, 08:59 PM
    Im not one to buy into many books like it, but I've been reading "happiness now" by robert holden and it greatly improves my mood if only temporarily. It just talks about finding joy in the 'now' and not letting the past shape your future.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Listen to Tony Robbins "Get the Edge" CD's. My new job does not allow me a lot of free time anymore but when I had it I was doing what he talks about in volume one about reprogramming your brain for success and I always came back home (it involves exercise, be warned) feeling incredible.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Its embarrassing but I really loved Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus. That guy KNOWS what he I talking about. It's a great book to understand how the opposite sex thinks and acts.
    ConfusedandLost Posts: 93, Reputation: 26

Oct 2, 2007, 05:56 PM
    "Living the Truth" by Kieth Ablow is another good one

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need more books to read [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for authors that have the same style/plotlines as John Sandford with his "Prey" and Kidd" novels. I also like James Patterson with "Alex Cross". I do not like Jonathan Kellerman. I find him long winded and boring until the last 100 pages. Please let me know of titles and/or...

Improve Your Relationships [ 26 Answers ]

Improve Your Relationships The Power of Thought Love begins with our thoughts. We become what we think about. Loving thoughts create loving experiences and loving relationships. Affirmations can change our beliefs and thoughts about ourselves and others. If we want to love someone, we...

Breakups suck! [ 4 Answers ]

So on Monday the love of my life broke up with me over the phone (how lame! ) He said he did it over the phone because he didn't want me to beg to take him back and that I wouldn't leave his house until he did (which is true) Hes already been liking this other girl for a few weeks and I did know...

Set my mind at ease [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am asking someone to let me know what to expect at my divorce trial and how should I prepare?

Read any good books lately? [ 29 Answers ]

I'm always looking for something new and interesting to read! Does anyone have any suggestions?

View more questions Search