Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajs019 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 07:18 PM
    On-going doctor patient relationship
    Two weeks a go I had bi-lateral knee replacements in an out of town hospital. Prior to surgery I needed some medical results faxed to the hospital from my local family physicians office to the out of town hospital where I was scheduled for surgery. After repeated requests to my family physicians staff to forward the info I contacted the local hospital mgmt.. Who was in charge of the office where my family physician practices and voiced my problem not mentioning anything about the doctor - just the staff who told me the documents would be forwarded but never did so. When I went in for my appointment with my family doctor 2 weeks after bi-lateral knee replacements I was told that either I would promptly write a retraction to my complaint or I would need to find another physician. Please let me know what if any ethical questions come into play and if you think I should contact mgmt.. About the doctors actions - Thank You
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Oct 1, 2007, 10:52 AM
    If I were you, I would contact mgmt again. That sounds like a threat and I see nothing wrong in what you did to try and acquire your records.

Even if they discharge you from their practice, it will be on record with mgmt of the hospital of what you endured. I would think you'd be better off with another physican anyway...

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keep being patient? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 11 months now. He was hurt very badly by his ex. He also is not a very affectionate man. Except when we are being intimate. My question is, he says that he is still "picking up the pieces". I knew in the beginning that I needed to be patient with him,...

Nurse/Patient relations [ 2 Answers ]

My wife is a nurse and has formed a friendship with a young M early 20's patient of hers. He's not in great health and I'm sure she cares for him in a maternal way and just wishes he gets better. My question is where do you draw the line? It's obvious they are friends at the clinic she works in. ...

Do Dentists have a patient blacklist? [ 7 Answers ]

I went to a dentist in my small town. Her assistant saw me, and made a future appointment. I was told that a prescription for pain would be called in to the pharmacy that was located across the parking lot from the dentist. I asked that the prescription not be called in to that pharmacy, because...

View more questions Search