Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaam26 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Daughter sent out of the country without mothers permission by father!
    My ex-husband and I got a divorce in 97' in our divorce it was agreed upon that we had joint custody. Our three children would reside with me and visit there father on weekends, Muslim holidays, every other Christmas, and six weeks out of the summer, any changes in addresses, phones numbers, etc. should be reported to the other parent. I had lost my job and apartment and needed help from there father. We had talked about it and decided that the children would live with him till I could get back on feet again. I talked to them on the phone and seen them on the weekends. The children were going to come back to live with me but they seemed happy so I decided that I would let them continue to live with their dad. Well in the last year he has stop them from talking to my mother and me all together. Well Monday, Sept. 24th, my 16 year old daughter was at home and her father came home and told her to get her clothes packed. He sent her to Jordan with her step-mother and step brother to marry her off. He is making them live the Muslim life style.. Her dad told my two boys that were not to tell me or anyone else were she was. My 14 year old son left my older son a message on Myspace that he had something important to tell me about my daughter. I called and he told me the horrific news. He told my 14 year old that she would never be coming back to the US. I was speaking with him on the phone and the father thought it was a friend of my sons and told my son that if he told me about my daughter leaving that he would kill and that he would get away with it and after that comment my son is scared for his life and does not want to be there what so ever. The next I drove to Chicago and went to the Cook County Circuit Court. There fill out the paper work for a order of protection for my son's and the manager of that department pushed the paper work through so I could go to court and see a judge that day for a emergency protection order. I went to see a judge about the situation. She denied the order and said it was not a emergency and did not let me explain everything to her. So I have to wait two weeks till I can see another judge and explain everything again. Mean while my son has to sit in that house while his father gets severed with the court papers and he terrified of what his father will do when he finds out that he has told me.

What should I do about getting my son out of that house and getting my daughter back to US were she belongs? I do not understand what so ever why he is allowed to take my daughter out of the country but yet I can not take my son from that house!!
    Love_the_children Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Sep 30, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shaam26
    My ex-husband and I got a divorce in 97' in our divorce it was agreed upon that we had joint custody. Our three children would reside with me and visit there father on weekends, Muslim holidays, every other Christmas, and six weeks out of the summer, any changes in addresses, phones numbers, etc. should be reported to the other parent. I had lost my job and apartment and needed help from there father. We had talked about it and decided that the children would live with him till I could get back on feet again. I talked to them on the phone and seen them on the weekends. The children were going to come back to live with me but they seemed happy so I decided that I would let them continue to live with their dad. Well in the last year he has stop them from talking to my mother and me all together. Well Monday, Sept. 24th, my 16 year old daughter was at home and her father came home and told her to get her clothes packed. He sent her to Jordan with her step-mother and step brother to marry her off. He is making them live the Muslim life style.. Her dad told my two boys that were not to tell me or anyone else were she was. My 14 year old son left my older son a message on Myspace that he had something important to tell me about my daughter. I called and he told me the horrific news. He told my 14 year old that she would never be coming back to the US. I was speaking with him on the phone and the father thought it was a friend of my sons and told my son that if he told me about my daughter leaving that he would kill and that he would get away with it and after that comment my son is scared for his life and does not want to be there what so ever. The next I drove to Chicago and went to the Cook County Circuit Court. There fill out the paper work for a order of protection for my son's and the manager of that department pushed the paper work through so I could go to court and see a judge that day for a emergency protection order. I went to see a judge about the situation. She denied the order and said it was not a emergency and did not let me explain everything to her. So I have to wait two weeks till I can see another judge and explain everything again. Mean while my son has to sit in that house while his father gets severed with the court papers and he terrified of what his father will do when he finds out that he has told me.

What should I do about getting my son out of that house and getting my daughter back to US were she belongs?? I do not understand what so ever why he is aloud to take my daughter out of the country but yet I can not take my son from that house!!!
    He is not allowed to take the children out of the country without prior permission for you. It appears to be parental kidnapping and you should go see your local district attorney while you are waiting for your next court date.

Don't let his threats prevent you from doing the right thing; that's what he's counting on.

Good luck!

Oct 1, 2007, 09:01 AM
    We did contact the district attorney. No one wants to listen to me, meanwhile my child is in that house hold and scared and my daughter is gone..
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shaam26
    we did contact the district attorney. No one wants to listen to me, meanwhile my child is in that house hold and scared and my daughter is gone..
    Hello shaam:

If the district attorney isn't doing his job, maybe the local press and TV station would like to know that. You could hold a press conference on the courthouse steps, just like the big guys do. I would.

I hate cops who would rather eat doughnuts than do their job. District Attorney's are cops of the worst kind.

You could also hire a lawyer. I would do that too.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 2, 2007, 06:17 AM
    You definitely need to hire an attorney. As long as you have a valid court order that provides you with joint custody, he cannot make decisions (like marrying her off) without your consent. You need to go to Family court and get an order compelling him to produce the daughter and return custody to you as per the court agreement.

Oct 2, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Yes, it helped! Thank you I'm still open for any more advice that anyone is willing to give! I once again would like to you very much with your help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My daughter father [ 2 Answers ]

My year old baby girls bilogical father is not on her birth certificate. Can my current boyfriend, who I'm pregnant by now, adopt her without her bilogicals permission or approval? Can her bilogical dad get rights without proof that he is really her daddy?

Father brainwashing daughter [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I don't normally visit sites like this, but I'm at my wits end! I have a 12 year old daughter and share joint legal and joint physical custody with her father. She lives with me for 2 weeks and then with him for 2 weeks. I am 34 and married. He is 40 and unmarried. I feel that he has...

Father showering with 10 yr old daughter [ 9 Answers ]

How is family nudity / bathing practices and laws regarding child abuse separated? Are they? This is a concern I have, but the family (mother and father) do not seem bothered by it.

Marrying a gril whose mothers surname is same as my mothers [ 4 Answers ]

I am jain, I love one girl from our caste ,her mothers family surname and my mothers family surname is same? Now I was was not knowng her until I met her , she is not related to me , yet everyone is sayng it will be like brother sister marriage! Also people talk about genetic problems due to...

View more questions Search