Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigfish277 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 30, 2007, 03:24 PM
    Head bolt size 95 altima
    I'm replacing the head gasket on my 95 altima. When I pulled of my valve cover I was supprised to see that they are HEX bolts (damn it! ) I don't have a large set and I'd like to buy just the size I need. So anyone know what size they are?
    Thanks
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 30, 2007, 03:40 PM
    I haven't worked on Nissan's for many years, but if you need to buy the correct tool, whoever sells them should be able to tell you what size your car takes. On some models it will be a 12 point 10 mm (Toyota's use that size ) while some other use a 10 mm long-reach Allen
    bigfish277 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 30, 2007, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    I haven't worked on Nissan's for many years, but if you need to buy the correct tool, whoever sells them should be able to tell you what size your car takes. On some models it will be a 12 point 10 mm (Toyota's use that size ) while some other use a 10 mm long-reach Allen
    I go to sears. Always idiots at the counter that don't even understand Standard and metric.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pea size hard nodule lower back of head [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pea sized hard nodule to the back left side of my head. It is not visible as it is covered by my hair, it is not painful and does not appear to be growing in size. I have had it for about 8 months or more. What could this possibly be, there are no headaches associated it with it.

Shower Head Thread Size [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Price Pfister shower head that evidently does not have a standard thread size because I bought a standard shower head that will not install. Did Price Pfister use a different diameter about 12-15 years ago? Do stores like Home Depot or Lowe's sell an adaptor to allow me to drop down to...

Floor joist conflicts with lag bolt head [ 2 Answers ]

I'm building a "mud room" inside our garage. The width is 5' (13' length) and the joists are 2x6 24" o.c. I have ledger on both sides. My issue is that in 2 places I have lag bolts at the edge of the joist, so it gets in the way of the joist and the hanger. Some options seem to be (1)move the...

2002 Altima Head gasket [ 1 Answers ]

I need to have the head gasket repaired on this car, and have received an estimate of over $1500, including over 10 hours of labor. I looked online and found that the part itself costs only $12-$55. (Car has 80000 miles) What is a reasonable charge to perform this repair?

1995 Nissan Altima-blown head gasket [ 1 Answers ]

Why won't our Altima start with a blown head gasket? We want to try to fix it ourselves, but are confused as to why it won't start? Would like to confirm my idea why before I start tearing it apart! Any ideas?

View more questions Search