Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    72724 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 02:17 PM
    When is enough, enough?
    I feel a little embarrassed asking this, but when do you think spanking should stop? I'm 20 and if I disobey my father, I am spanked, bare bottom, OTK, and everything, wondering when the spanking should stop.
    MayfairLady Posts: 147, Reputation: 23

Sep 30, 2007, 02:43 PM
    You feel a little embarrassed I think because deep down you know that your father should not be spanking you.. in my opinion at any age.. but not at 20 years old. Also, it is not you that should be embarrassed.. it is your father.. as I am sure he knows it is not right to physically assault someone. (I'm sure he doesn't go roung hitting strangers.. as he KNOWS that he would get in serious trouble for it). Tell someone you trust, and who will help you do something about it and support you. Usually people continue abusive behaviour because they are 'getting away with it' and make you feel it is your behaviour that is making them do it.. this is a lie they want you to believe.. you are not at fault... disobeying your father could be sorted out in many other ways.
    Lenovo Posts: 180, Reputation: 14

Sep 30, 2007, 03:07 PM
    Have you tried talking to your mom about this?

Sep 30, 2007, 03:08 PM
    Can't talk to my mom, she died last year. Drunk driver.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 30, 2007, 04:00 PM
    At 20 you are an adult and any "spanking"is now an assult and you call the police and he goes to jail.

At about 12 or 13 spanking wll no longer have much effect.

Sep 30, 2007, 04:10 PM
    I don't want to have him sent to jail! He has "people", if you know what I mean, and if he goes to jail, he would know I said something.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2007, 05:02 PM
    Maybe it's time for you to move out of your father's home.
    underthegun Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Sep 30, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Move in with another family member- even a cousin, etc.
    They could help.

It probably is high time you move out.

Get a job if you don't have one, find a friend if you don't have one, and move out from your dads.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2007, 06:46 PM
    Is your Father gaining some type of pleasure from bare bottom spanking you? You may think that sounds perverse and it is. But honestly, there are parents who spank their teens and young adult children because it gives them a sexual pleasure. I am not saying your Father does anything sexual to you. But it is highly out of bounds for a parent to spank an adult child.

So if you report him to the authorities and charges are made - you say he has friends. Does he use that as a threat to you? Get out of the house - I agree with the others - go live with friends, on your own, with some relatives that would not allow him near you, a safe shelter for women, anywhere that keeps you away from him. At 20 you need to be on your own. And safe.
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Oct 1, 2007, 05:25 PM
    Your pulling all of our legs I hope. Are you in special education? Do you work or go to school? Back to your question, what does "disobey" mean in your case? You can call at any time 24 hours a day to the Department of Social Services and they'll be there faster than your dad can pass an air biscuit. If your question is playful or serious you need some assistance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search