Ask
    chek101 Posts: 134, Reputation: 18

Oct 12, 2007, 01:53 PM
    See my last post
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2007, 12:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chek101
    Guess I scared you, right. You didn't appreciate the doubting, right? So be it.
    No,:)
    I just have not had the time to sit down and give you an answer.
    Whatever anyone says about my faith I never doubt it.

I need to put into words my thoughts and English not being my first language, I have to take some time to get it all down right,especially when it comes to philosophy and faith.

Oct 13, 2007, 04:21 AM
    I don't believe you. Have a nice life anyway.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2007, 04:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chek101
    I don't believe you. Have a nice life anyway.
    Ok,
    Don't believe me.

As you wish to accept.

Take care.

Oct 13, 2007, 04:44 AM
    Thank you, I will... you, too!

Nov 7, 2007, 03:10 PM
    As predicted... LOL!
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Nov 7, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Matthew 12:31
    “So I tell you, every sin and blasphemy can be forgiven—except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which will never be forgiven.

Jesus said this is the deadly sin.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Nov 9, 2007, 10:30 AM
    This thread is still going strong eh!

I must have posted this wayyyy back. The deadliest sin is PRIDE! If the thread is about what you THINK is the deadliest sin than fine, but in actuality it is considered pride, its in the Bible. Adam and Eve to be precise, also in the Dante trilogy and in Paradise Lost, both books were writtenin reference to the Bible.

Hope it helps

Nov 9, 2007, 09:29 PM
    No, I don't agree. Pride is akin to a two way street whereas greed is one way. Pride can be good and bad, and in my opinion is quite necessary, Greed on the other hand can be done without, there is no "good" to, it.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Nov 10, 2007, 08:57 AM
    "Pride cometh before the fall" I don't have the exact place in the Bible but it's a quite well known phrase. Also, I mentioned before the story of Adam and Eve is the first mention of a deadly sin in the Bible, and it is the sin of PRIDE. Also, Satan's fall from heaven is the sin of PRIDE.

You may not think it yourself, which is fine, but God and the Bible saythe deadliest of all sins is PRIDE, so its PRIDE!
    godiva Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

Nov 15, 2007, 11:07 AM
    I don't believe in sin but if I did I would have to say religion
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2007, 02:09 PM
    I my opinion, the deadliest "sin" is cowardice, LACK OF COURAGE to face life.

Nothing destroys an individual and those around him/her, or society with a lot of people having no backbone or ethics/morality... people who turn off their intelligence in favor of being dominated by ancient scriptures and those who interpret them. There is no future in passivity or meekness... these are not the people who built America and sustained our society and culture until recently.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BMI
    This thread is still going strong eh!

I must have posted this wayyyy back. The deadliest sin is PRIDE! If the thread is about what you THINK is the deadliest sin than fine, but in actuality it is considered pride, its in the Bible. Adam and Eve to be precise, also in the Dante trilogy and in Paradise Lost, both books were writtenin reference to the Bible.

Hope it helps
    I agree.

Most of the sins that are spoken of in scripture or on this thread arise either directly or indirectly from pride. Here is my reasoning. Jesus said:

Matt 22:37-40
    37 Jesus said to him, " 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."
    NKJV

The first commandment is broken when we try to exalt ourselves, as many do today when they try to declare themselves to be gods, or little christs, or claim to be growing into gods. That is one expression of pride.

The second commandment is broken when we fail to see others as more important than ourselves, and fail to treat them with the respect and consideration that we should. This again is pride in ourselves, which expresses itself through the belief that our wants and needs are more important.

Jesus said that all the law is based upon these two commandments, and both of these relate to human pride.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First sin [ 6 Answers ]

Adam and eve did the first sin I have been wondering what did they do ? And what was the out come of the sin? Because many of christian think that they had sex. And I do think that they had right to have sex because they were suppiosed to produce children I wait eagerly to receive your answer God...

Dealing with Sin [ 6 Answers ]

Yeah... so... help me, there's certain sins that I'm having trouble defeating, my will gets eroded, and some people just bug me so much, that I can't help but be mean to them or yell at them, which is a sin, and my thoughts, I can't keep sin out of my thoughts. I know that I can defeat sin, that I...

Deadliest Catch [ 6 Answers ]

Anyone been watching Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel? I've just begun watching this show and already I'm addicted -- a real nail biter!

Living in sin [ 42 Answers ]

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly... This is a relationship question, but I chose to discuss this with other christians. I am in a relationship with the father of my 2 year old son. We are not married yet, and we live together. I have always known the Lord, but...

View more questions Search