Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pixxee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Saving limewire music files to external hard drive
    Ok... I know there has to be a way to do this. I have over 5,000 songs on Limewire, which is slowing down the computer considerably, and I need a way to save them to my computer permanently. I have no idea how to do this. I have tried several ways to save the music but as soon as I delete it from Limewire its gone from all other program files. Does anyone know how this is done?

I just bought a 500 GB external hard drive for this purpose as I was told that it would be the solution. Problem: I have no idea how to use the thing.

I would appreciate any suggustions.

Thanks,
    Pixxee
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2007, 12:19 PM
    a) having data (songs) on a computer's hard drive does not affect its performance, unless you are running out of virtual memory

b) no one here will help you with pirated material
    Will00 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Sep 30, 2007, 08:37 PM
    First of all, I suggest totally deleting all of your songs, and removing limewire. Limewire is almost always illegal to use, and has a lot of spyware, adware, worms, Trojan horses, etc. I use a thing called Grooveshark. It is a legal "filesharing" site. Where you can upload your music files, get rewards (points to download other songs), listen to streaming full songs, etc. (The songs are $.99.) It is legal because it pays the record label to allow the streaming and downloading of the songs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

External Hard Drive [ 2 Answers ]

What up, I just purchased a new PC and I would like to know if I upload all my music and pictures on the PC, will I be able to transfer all info to an external hard drive if I purchase one months down the road? Appreciate the help and Happy Holidays to all!

Saving to hard drive [ 4 Answers ]

I have a desktop PC that has two hard drives. I don't have enough room on one of them and when I try to save stuff on my computer it says there is not enough disk space on my C: drive, but I want it to save to my D: drive. Can someone tell me how I switch this?

External Hard Drive not being read ? [ 5 Answers ]

I've had it for about 9 months... and yesterday it decided to stop working... the external hard drive powers up but I can't hear the drive spinning... my laptop says that there is a Hard drive plugged in but when I go into my computer it doesn't show up :mad: I have most of the files backed up on...

External hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Freecom External Classic Hard Drive, 153 GB Available. Attempted to “Microsoft Backup” my Laptop (approx 40GB of data) to External Hard Drive. After about 10 minutes of operating I got the following Message – “You have either run out space or the backup file (.BKF) is too large for...

View more questions Search