Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Sep 30, 2007, 11:28 AM
    I have these symptoms don't know what it is.
    Hello... Well I've had these syptoms since Tuesday. I started getting a burn in my stomach, even when I would eat, it's still be there. My appetite has decreased, and when I think about eating, I feel like throwing up. But I do eat, but less. But then the feeling is still there. Now since a day or two ago, I started feeling weak and a little dizzy, my vision sometimes gets blurred. Has anyone had this before or are they similar??

Sep 30, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Do you guys think these are symptoms that'll go away with time or are they bad enough to go to the doctor? The reason I ask this is because every time I go to the doctor for something, they never find anything wrong with me or they just give me pills or just tell me if it lasts any longer I should go back. So that results in paying more money for basically nothing.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Does anything come up in your throat, a burning bitterness? Myabe you have developed a bad case of acid reflux. Not eating will make it burn or if you eat the wrong foods. Prilosec otc can give you relief, tums, or pecid or Zantac all sold otc. I don't think it is usually associated with dizzness or blurred vision. Maybe if you are not eating enough as a result, would be the only way those symptoms would show up.

Sep 30, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Nothing has come up in my throat. I would be expecting that since the burning sensation. I tried to drink some PeptoBismol yesterday, and it just helped for a few minutes. Then came back. Haven't tried any of the acid medications. I'll give it a try, before contemplating going to the doctor. And yeah it is possible that the dizzyness and blurred vision has been caused by me eating less or not well.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Heart burn should not be taken lightly. It really is something that would/could be helped by seeing a doctor. Also I failed to mention ulcers they cause a gnawing pain in the stomach as well. Sometimes with ulcers antibiotics have to be given. My family has been troubled with both problems.

Sep 30, 2007, 10:05 PM
    Well that changes my view about it. Today I took like three doses of Tums throughout the day, but still didn't help much. It just keeps burning and aching, so if by tomorrow it is not gone, I'll go to the doctor, it's almost a week, and I just want to feel good again.. I really don't want it to get worse if it's an ulcer.
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 04:29 AM
    You are probably better off going to make sure , ulcers can get quite bad if left untreated.

Oct 1, 2007, 05:25 PM
    I went to the doctor today. She just mentioned it could be gastritis, or acid indigestion. She gave me some Prilosec and told me to take some maalox. When I went there I thought my stomach was melting already. It burned so bad. Anyway right now it doesn't seem like it's an ulcer or so she said. So I really hope this helps, so I can be back to normal once again.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Any new medications. I had one medication do that to me. My stomach burned and it took a while (weeks) to go away.
    kas237 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Small brownish red spots that itch
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 07:02 PM
    This is my take on things. If I were going to be on a med long term, I would want to get to the root of the problem. My thing is what do I need to do in order to be healthy so that I can discontinue this medicine. Did she offer a follow up? How long does she expect you to take this medicine ? Just stay on top of things is all I am saying, sometimes doc's will prescribe a med and keep you on it for years before they get to the root of the problem.I know my son had ulcers and they got to the point of bleeding before there was anything done for him. Thank God for nurses. The doctors just ignored the gnawing pain that he had & gave him milcon gas med for babies. He ended up havng blood transfusions because he lost so much blood. Not just from ulcers but from nose bleeds from his b.p being to high. He was 4 and on tons of harsh medicine. MY advice is just to stay on top of things. Btw prilosec can work mircales for the stomach. My son was a different kid after being on them for a week. My husband has been on them since 1999 .

Oct 2, 2007, 10:20 PM
    It's sad to hear how a 4 year old's health was disturbed so badly. The doctor which wasn't really my regular one, said to take Prilosec for a few weeks to a month, but if it wasn't helping or I had unbearable pain, I should go see my regular doctor.
    It really felt kind of like I had lava in my stomach at times yesterday... but today I haven't really felt any burn, I did get diahrrea. My insides sound like a volcano... just rumbling all the time. Anyway I really hope Prilosec can help, but I do not want to have to take it for a long time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are these symptoms? [ 20 Answers ]

Hey all I'm 19 and have convinced myself I'm pregnant. I did have un protected sex on 20th of march (we were not trying for a baby). And since then I've been freaking out. In the last 2 days though I have calmed down and now want the baby, I think if I get a negative result I would acctually be...

Symptoms of what? [ 3 Answers ]

For the past week and a half, I've been waking with nausea, and throughout the day, I am unable to eat, I also have a strong fatigue feeling. I don't believe I am pregnant because I have had my period this past week. Should I see a doctor?

Are these symptoms? [ 4 Answers ]

My last period started on May 20th and I haven't had a period since. My husband and I were going to try start trying to conceive in July. We did start a little early as we had unprotected sex on June 18th. We did not think anything could come of that since it was so close to what should have...

Symptoms of pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant but felling head ache and heart burning feeling but can some one tell me when the boobs are to start tenderness or swelling because I ant got nothing;)

Symptoms [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I'm 19 years old and well I've been waking up very thirsty in the morning everyday for a long time now, and I always go urinating frequently during they day. But I also drink plenty of water through out the day.infact, I only drink water instead of any juice or soda. Even if I drink water to...

View more questions Search