Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gweavil Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Hp 7410 getting blue screen and 0x messages
    I have had the 7410 for several months with no issues except the duplex with Vista. But yesterday I started getting flashing lights and a blue screen on the printer display with "Error 0x8477e6720 1: ?" message. I recycle the printer and the error goes away for about an hour or two before coming back normally with a different hex value. Has anyone else encountered this.

Thanks
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 1, 2007, 07:41 AM
    What you are seeing is referred to as the "Blue Screen of Death" This a Windows problem, not a printer problem.

I'd suggest to write the error down and got search the Windows Vista Knowledge base for this error code.

Oct 2, 2007, 06:10 AM
    No - the blue screen of death is on a PC. This is on the display of the printer itself. I access the printer wirelessly from several flavors of Windows and the Mac. Once the blue screen appears, it is locked and no device has access.

I ran a self test on the Fax since the only thing unusual was an unsolicited fax in the past week or so. After running the test I no longer see the message(s). Maybe a fluke but it is working at the moment.

Thanks
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 2, 2007, 08:43 AM
    BSOD usually involved some memory management problems. Somebody wrote into a protected block of memory.

When you got the BSOD, was the PC chugging along fine or did it go belly up also?

I would suggest that you go to the HP website and look for a newer release of the driver. Also check the printers forum to see if HP has evaluated that error number and provided a fix.

Oct 4, 2007, 03:42 AM
    I do not think the blue screen on the HP printer is related to the infamous PC BSOD but rather a bad choice on HP part for the background color. All of the hardware connected to the printer works fine - no impact other than losing the ability to print (queues and waits). I have not had the issues again after the self test of the fax so I am hoping that reset what ever issue started the cycle.
    rahmtech Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 04:17 PM
    I am having the same problem. The printer was configured wirelessly and I thought that might be the problem. I disabled the wireless and connected an ethernet cable to the printer. Same problem. I uninstalled it from my Windows 7 Machine and it quit bluescreening. Set for a month before I reinstalled it. Now it is bluescreening again. I am wondering if it might have something to do with the drivers? If anyone finds a solution to this dreaded HP 7410 Bluescreen issue, please share.
    rahmtech Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 05:42 PM
    Update:

I have learned that if I unplug the printer from the network, it will run for days without bluescreening, but as soon as I plug it back in, it will bluescreen within an hour. I am still leaning towards windows 7 drivers. If anyone else has input, it would be greatly appreciated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue Screen of Death [ 3 Answers ]

What is Blue Screen of Death? What does the following errors mean? 01) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ***STOP: 0X000000D1 (0X0FEFF41C, 0X000000FF, 0X00000000, 0X84F03CC2) 02) PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA *** STOP: 0X00000050 (0XE48CF000, 0X00000000, 0X80587D82, 0X00000001) I...

Blue screen [ 1 Answers ]

Sherryj- I have had a very very similar problem to yours. As soon as I opened the box to my computer it would not start. In face it took me sever start up / shut downs to even get to the blue screen, and then after I got to the blue screen I would restart the computer one more time and then it...

Blue screen [ 5 Answers ]

I get a blue screen when trying to reload windows. The following messages apears: Ntfs.sys - address f8172781 base at f8123000, datestamp 41107eea I cannot re-load windows or get past the blue screen.

Blue screen [ 1 Answers ]

When I turned off my dell inspiron b130 it was fine when I turned back on it states bad checksum. I can not access start up but I have tried to reboot and all other possibilities without any success . Do you have any suggestions this is a new laptop only about 8 months old I have had a compaq for...

View more questions Search