Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billyboblyons Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Check engine light
    I replaced the Top oxygen sensor, the one that the meter told me was bad and the light went out. My mechanic told me to drive for 150 miles to reset the codes and after 130 miles the light came back on. What gives? PS: it is a 1999 Kia Sephia.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 30, 2007, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboblyons
    I replaced the Top oxygen sensor, the one that the meter told me was bad and the light went out. My mechanic told me to drive for 150 miles to reset the codes and after 130 miles the light came back on. What gives? PS: it is a 1999 Kia Sephia.
    What was the code that was stored?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check engine light is on [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 89 Honda Civic, and the check engine light comes on.When the light comes on the car feels like it gears down, and when the light goes off, the engine takes off like normal. I'm thinking that it's a sensor,but can't figure out which one. The plugs and wires need to be changed, and I have a...

Check Engine Light [ 1 Answers ]

I got my rebuilt head on my 93 Civic HB, and she runs sooo smooth, an absolutley no leaks. Just havin' an issue w/my check engine light now being on. Installed a jumper cable to test the computer, an my light flashes on, then off, pause for 4 seconds, then on again, off, pause for 4. Can't...

Check engine light on [ 3 Answers ]

I brought my toyota solara 2002 to the dealer for diagnosis "check engine light on". The dealer suggested to change the canister that worth $ 300 bucks! I did try to change the canister cap but in a few days the warning light popped again. Any other suggestion? Thanks.

Check engine light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1990 honda accord ex and the check engine light stays on, Also it takes 3 to 4 minutes to start the car.

Engine Check Light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 96 Dodge Neon. Engine Check light came on. I had someone from Autozone check it using some sort of scan tool. Code said it is Cylinder #1 misfire. After the scan test. Engine Check Light came off. Does it mean it is fixed or it was reset? What could cause it to Cylnder #1...

View more questions Search