Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taino54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Downloading pictures
    How do I download pictures fron a vivitar camera without a disk?
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Nov 5, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Do you have any type of connection cable that came with your camera?

And what do you mean without a disk? Is it an internal memory instead of a memory card? If you have a memory card, you can get a card reader cheap from Best buy, Circuit city, target or maybe even walmart for about $15 to $20.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2007, 09:17 AM
    If you are asking how to download pics without installing the driver software that lets the computer recognize the camera, you've got a few options...

If it's a matter of your losing or just not having the software, you might be able to access a download at the maker's website. If you intend to hook this camera up a lot you might as well do this if your computer doesn't have media slots or you don't have a card reader.

Second, as the previous post mentioned, you can get a card reader for not a lot of money... and this allows you more flexibility... if someone is over with a different dig camera and you want their pics you simply put the media into the reader and don't worry about installing drivers for their camera. Our computer has built in media slots, but if it didn't wed absolutely have a media reader, as the previous poster mentioned. We've bought a lot of things like this from ecost.com, and many times you can get rebates that make it free of cost, but you pay for shipping and handling.

Less convenient, if you do have removable media but don't want or have time to do the above you can take the media to sams, walmart, walgreens, etc and use their media reader to transfer the images to a disk, for a fee.

If your camera does not have removable media you are probably stuck with needing to install the driver for the camera.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help downloading please [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My husband downloads music for his own private use off IMESH and had no problems until we installed new p.c now when his download gets to 98% they all stop and don't reconnect to finish download. I have tried imesh forums and FAQ and fowlled advice. But nobody answering my question. FAQ never...

Downloading digital pictures [ 2 Answers ]

I cannot download picture from my camera even when using a card reader... I am running windows XP... help

Downloading pictures [ 4 Answers ]

How do I download pictures from my camera phone to the computer?

No downloading [ 1 Answers ]

[i was wondering if there were any sites where you could listen to full length songs without downloading anything. my computer is already slow and i dont really want to make it worse.HELP!! thanx :D

Downloading Stuff [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if there are any programs that allow me to accelerate my download of stuff from the internet(i.e game demos) and allow me to pause and resume downloading on another day even if I shut my computer down. I can't really keep my computer on 24/7 for large downloads. I used to use a...

View more questions Search