Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aany Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 10:53 PM
    Ramadan fasting during early pregnancy
    I'm a muslim, I have to fast in ramadan. I was for seventeen days, the I come to know that I'm preganent. Last masuration was aug, 26 2007. I have to have my period on sep,22 2007. I checked for pregnancy after days of delay. By that time it was the seventeenth day of ramadan. My question is can I continue fasting for 13 days more?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 04:44 AM
    Assalaam alaikum sister,

Alhamdlillah!

I would advise a talk with your doctor, before continuing the fast, just in case.
    If he says there are no complications and that you can fast then continue fasting.

May you have a blessed Ramadaan!

Wa alaikum salaam
    missy_jaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Sep 30, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Alsalamo alaykm
    Dear aany from an islamic point of view its OK for you to not continue fasting if you fear harm either for you or your baby but of course you'll have to make up for the days you missed after ramadan (kada'a). The thing is, if you only fear harm for your baby (you not included) you'll have to make up for the days PLUS feed 1 underprivileged per every day you missed, BUT if you only fear harm for yourself (baby bot included) then you ONLY have to perform kada'a.
    I hope this information is useful. Happy ramadan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early pregnancy signs [ 3 Answers ]

I think I could be almost one month pregnant, but I'm not late on my period yet. I'm supposed to start on the 12th, so I've already taken a first response test that said negative. I'm just going to wait until I'm late to take another one, but I was just wondering what the signs would be at one...

Miscarriage in early pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I was about three months pregnant, then I miscarriaged. After how long can I get pregnant. And How can I prevent the other pregnancy from miscarriage. Please help Thank you What causes miscarriage

Too early for pregnancy test? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it too early to take a pregnancy test if your only a week late from your period?

Early pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

I am in early pregnancy and bleeding and slight pain is this natural or am I having a miscarage

Early Pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have recently found out that I am pregnant but am worried as I am supposed to be going to Florida 3 weeks. At this time I will only be around 5 weeks pregnant and I am wondering whether the flight may effect my chances of having a miscarriage? Also there are a lot of rides and water slides in...

View more questions Search