Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tburke1977 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Air conditioner thermostat has no display
    This may be a dumb question
    I have a Carrier Air Conditioner and the display shut off
    I took off the thermostat cover and there appear to be 2 small cylinder batteries but you can't remove them
    Does the power come from them, and if not... how do I fix?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 06:20 PM
    The batteries are for backup should you lose power, which is what I suspect has happened.The furnace has the transformer in it for the control voltage , start there, if it is a newer furnace check for a bad fuse on the printed circuit board or if it is an older furnace check for 24 volts at the transformer. Good luck, Mike
    coronado2412 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 06:21 PM
    The display on the digital thermostat is what keeps all of the settings in memory when the unit is off... the AAA batteries will come out of the stat... make shure that you have replacement batteries when you change them out... be careful to install the new ones in the same direction + -... I am going to guess that all of your settings will be lost without the display... you will need to reprogram the stat... instructions are often found on the inside of the cover that you took off to find the batteries.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Code 33 air conditioner blows warm air [ 2 Answers ]

a/c blows warm air.. I checked and replaced my filters and vents(as best I could).is there another way or better yet. Can someone pont me in the right direction for other things to check... the blower and everything else appears to be working fine. The wheel spins.. Any help or guidance would be...

Air conditioner thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

We Have A White Rodgers Thermostat 7 Day Programmable , 90 Series That We Somehow Lost The Instruction Manual. I Need To Know How To Cancel Out All The Things That It Is Set On. Please Help Thanks

Thermostat air conditioner wiring for tempstar gas furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I disconnected my thermostat from the gas tempstar furnace and also disconnected two wires I traced to the central air conditioner. I do not know where to connect the air conditioner black and white wires to on the W,Y,R,G,C. I do not have a manual. Can someone help me?

Air conditioner thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

We have a carrier air conditioner and thermostat The thermostat is set to cooling the same as it has always been but there is no cool air the fan is working The thermostat has suddenly stopped working what could the problem be?

View more questions Search