Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Sep 29, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Your public disownment has been dually noted.

Star3114- I liked it too. Thanks
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2007, 09:46 PM
    Yes there have been many ups and downs between Canadain and American relations politically speaking. That's politics for you. As far as Americans and Canadains being different I believe that we are all different and brought up differently. We are different countries and have our own unique characteristics. I do not know what schools you went to but we were taught to respect each other and that US is our closest ally and closest friend. Actually half my family is americans. I do not know where you get your information but it is completely wrong. AMERICANS DO NOT HATE CANADIANS AND CANADIANS DO NOT HATE AMERICANS.
    I may not like the politics, but this is a separate and different topic then what you brought up.
    As far as Canadian comedians, we make fun of americans sometimes. It is all in fun and funny. American comedians make fun Canadians. Eh, it goes both ways. I do not want to go on and on, but by the looks of it I think you https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/../ava...ine=1179889295 Love-Life should go to a different school and get better educated.

I would also like to repeat what NK said. We here in Canada see a lot of american news and television so yes I do believe that we know more about The States then They know about us but that is because of the media.
    star3114 Posts: 234, Reputation: 44

Sep 29, 2007, 09:49 PM
    Whew... this roast is getting HOT!!
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 06:54 AM
    I believe there are great people all over the place, just cause you have to shuffle through to find them doesn't mean they aren't there. And I went to Canada about five years ago... didn't notice anything different from here to there... Except the surroundings and it was a beautiful place to be.

Sep 30, 2007, 05:24 PM
    I know. I went to Canada and I thought it was such a marvelous place. We saw the amethyst mines and the sleeping giants (they are really neat hills). I loved the accents too and the sense of humor. Very fun place to be.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 30, 2007, 06:12 PM
    I grew up in Alaska. It's neat.

However, the types of questions I encountered since beginning to travel, has truly lead me to believe some are not aware of what goes on outside their own short scope of reality. Including, but not limited to, "Do you really live in igloos/eat whale blubber/ride dogsleds...yada yada...?"

So it goes.

Before I expanded my horizons, I never understood many of the things I had not been taught, but been left to believe. And every day I see things that continue to allow for growth.

The worst thing any person... any culture... could do is to allow itself to become complacent, and when you start to think that everything you will ever learn will be taught in one place, early in life, that is when you need to run. Run very fast!

But, if you really think that is how our greater society actually works... being narrow and subversive... well, then... stay in your cave.

Out here, you will need to adapt and learn things that aren't in books. Open your mind and allow some air in. Seek to learn what peoples from other cultures and other countries have accepted for centuries. And then, if you still need to close your mind, at least you will have learned something from everyone.

Sep 30, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Well said.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 08:26 PM
    Canadian Dollar Officially Worth more than United States Dollar

Against the Canadian dollar, the U.S. currency fell to $1.0018 from $0.9992 on Sept. 21, when it declined to a 31-year low of $1.0064.

The dollar fell to 115.10 yen at 12:35 p.m. in Tokyo from 115.50 late in New York on Sept. 21. It traded at $1.4101 against the euro from $1.4091 last week and a record low of $1.4120. Against the pound, the dollar reached $2.0266, the lowest since Sept. 13, from $2.0203. It may fall to $1.42 against the euro this week, Attrill said.

Well there you go, now you can move out of those Igloos and start eating something a little tastier than whale blubber. Get yourselves an Xbox or something. Buy you some nice two tone loafers. Welcome to the modern world... even though the U.S. is now, officially a turdworld nation.
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Oct 1, 2007, 01:06 AM
    I've always like Canadians... they are kickass neighbors. They brought over Canadian bacon, HOCKEY, and not many know but James Naismith, a Canadian, invented basketball so what's not to love?
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 02:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    [I] Against the pound, the dollar reached $2.0266, the lowest since Sept. 13, from $2.0203.
    I was so happy when this happened thought I'd be able to improt loads of cheap stuff. But alas it was I false hope soon as you put import tax you might as well not bother.

Countries make fun of each other all the time. England pretends to hate France, Scotland pretends to hate England and everyone pretends to hate Wales. And everyone likes Ireland because they buy you drinks at the bar. It's a JOKE! Have some sense of humour.

All the Americans I know don't hate Canadians and all the Canadians I know don't hate Americans. Although they do get annoyed when I don't realise they are Canadian and ask them which part of America they are from...

Oh dear you really need to lighten up and stop believing everything you are told.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 02:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by templelane

Countries make fun of each other all the time. England pretends to hate France, Scotland pretends to hate England and everyone pretends to hate Wales. And everyone likes Ireland because they buy you drinks at the bar.
    Generally english people do tend to dislike the french not pretend, for being ponsy, the scots do tend to hate the british, because were closest, not pretend and yes everybody does take the piss out of wales, not hate, because its funny. I do however agree with you about the irish
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 02:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear
    the scots do tend to hate the british, because were closest,
    Scots are British, and it is pretend hate for the English, except for a couple of loonies *cough* Salmond *cough*

I'm sure it's the same with Canada and America except the OPs teacher seems to fall in the loonie category.
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2007, 03:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by templelane
    Scots are British, and it is pretend hate for the English, except for a couple of loonies *cough* Salmond *cough*

I'm sure it's the same with Canada and America except the OPs teacher seems to fall in the loonie category.
    Exactly right. The loonies and odd one might really truly hate but that is a character flaw and should not lump everybody with the same brush.

Majority of Canadians have no problem with americans, but I do know that the majority of Canadians do not agree with the Political government that is in power in the states. There is a difference.

I also do know that Majority of Americans love Canada and Canadians and do not have any kind of hate for us.

Every country does make fun of another and like the above said. We all need to have a sense of humour about other countries and also be able to laugh at ourselves when we are being poked fun at.

Joe
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 03:26 AM
    People in canada can't hate, they're canadian (p.s ask a scott if they like the 'english' and if they say they're all right then they're lying through their teeth)
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2007, 03:31 AM
    SORRY FOR GOING OFF TOPIC, BUT ALBEAR.

This is about Canada and America. Lol
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 03:34 AM
    Ooops soz my bad,
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2007, 03:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear
    ooops soz my bad,
    Lol, just joking. Having a bit of fun with you. You know ha ha. Of course, we are talking about sense of humour and how countries get along.
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 09:43 AM
    WHAT? You mean to tell me this OP was not intended as a joke in the first place? I'm sorry, I was just playing along. I don't really think we should forcably take the west coast of Canada, that was a joke. Nor do I think we should send a special forces team in to assassinate Doug and Bob. I think all Canadians are tasty and tender and sweet. I must however, draw the line at Rick Moronass. The man belongs in a 5 by 9.
    What I really do not understand is this:
    Pierre Trudeau

Under girlfriend they put Bianca Jagger! We all know the Stones passed Margaret Trudeau around like a good book. Could this be a joke, revenge or just bad info?
    BTW, Ole Pierre kind of looks like a lizard these days.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2007, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    BTW, Ole Pierre kinda looks like a lizard these days.
    You peeked in his coffin? That's sick.
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Oh! That must be the reason. Was he dead in that picture?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

America and mexico [ 80 Answers ]

Do you think that the government should either build a fence across the us-mexico border or do something else to stop the flow of illegal immigrants?

Moving from America. [ 1 Answers ]

My friend moved to America some years ago but is still a UK citizen. She has had 2 children whilst over there and the are American citizens how could she move back to England with her children? She really needs to come back.

Cuban to america to canada to in limbo [ 2 Answers ]

I will make is short and brief. I am dating a cuban. His storey is that he left cuba to marry an american, but got himself in trouble with the law ( charged with intent of arson, and threats). He was charged and was supposed to serve time but fled to canada before serving his time or applying...

Only in America [ 5 Answers ]

Only in America 1. Only in America... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance. 2. Only in America... are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink. 3. Only in America... do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their...

View more questions Search