Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Concerned_Convict Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2005, 09:00 PM
    Rights Violation
    Someone help me,
    I was recently fired from an employer for reasons which I think may violate my rights. I am a registered sex offender in the state of Colorado. As such before starting any new job I am required to let my employer know that fact. So on my application and in my interview this fact was brought to the companys attention. After a month of me working at this job one of the manangers advised one of my co-workers of my offence. When this was brought to my co-workers attention, my co-worker called corporate and after a brief investigation I was released from the company due to this. I would like to know if any of my rights were violated in them doing this and if so what action I can take.

Concerned_Convict
    Sosdog Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Jan 23, 2006, 05:10 PM
    Not to be the bearer of bad news, but government regulations state that 'an employer may terminate any employee within a reasonable probationary period (usually 90 days) for any or no reason.

Sorry, but I don't see there's much that you can do about.

Good luck though.

Sos
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 23, 2006, 06:04 PM
    Fire you
    You know I don't believe being a sex offender is a protected class, can't fire you for religion, nationality, sex, maybe can't even fire you for sexual preference,
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2006, 01:02 AM
    The probationary period (usually 90 days) allowes for the employer to boot any employee out the door for whatever reason in the world without backlash.

Were they unfair to you? Proabally. However, it was only 1 month, so I doubt you have a case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

As an aunt do I rights to sue DCFS for vistation rights to see my niece? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Rosalyn. I have a 12 year old niece that I just adore. Unfortunately she is in foster care with Illinois's DCFS going on 6 years. My sister, my nieces mom is mentally Ill. Her father was in jail for 10 years (my niece was 2 when he was sentence). Now that he is out jail and a witness...

Violation of probation? [ 18 Answers ]

I am on probation right now for possession charges in New Jersey. I have 5 months left, and am currently in college out of state. Last weekend I received a DUI (at college) but the hearing will not be until next spring, after my probation period has ended. Will my PO find out about this?...

Probation violation [ 3 Answers ]

I got 18 monthes on probation in October 2005 in may of 2006 I got a owi I onley had eleven monthes of probation left. An I told my po in 48 houers an asked if there was any thing I can do to not be violated an she said she was going to talk to her boss an told me to call her back an I called her...

Probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

I've been on probation sense October 2005 in may 2005 I was arrested for owi I asked my po if there was any thing I could do to not be violated she said she was going to talk to her boss an to call her back she said I was not going to be violated as long as I went to drug an alcohole classes an I...

My boyfriend violation of probation [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: hello every one please anyone that knows about this mater please reply to me!my boyfriend was given probation with a 5 year cap,he was given additional programs to participate on while on probation like a long term out patient also he was ordered to get a job.which he did,due to the...

View more questions Search