Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelsey100892 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Is it THAT bad?
    I'm 15 years old and I've been smoking for almost a year now. I don't smoke like EVERYDAY or not even every month. It's more like, whenever I go to my dads which is like every 3-4 months. Sometimes I don't smoke even then... I'm not really "addicted". Its it still going to take over my body? Even if I only smoke like once or twice every 4 months?:confused: :D
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 29, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Why take the chance on becoming addicted. You seem to be concerned about it so you obviously know the consequences.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Every cigarrette is a risk to you health.

Ask the GP
    BBC NEWS | Health | A few cigarettes a day 'deadly'

Quit whilst you still can. It is a completely pointless activity. Why would you pay to give yourself a long horrible death?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 25, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Yes, it's still bad for you. Just don't do it...
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Oct 25, 2007, 07:21 PM
    I started just like you... 15 years ago! It's very hard to put them down!! Yes, it will take over your body, life, decisions... quit now, please, while you can!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 25, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rpg219
    I started just like you.....15 years ago! It's very hard to put them down!!! Yes, it will take over your body, life, decisions.......quit now, please, while you can!
    I've never met anyone that smokes that DOESN'T want to quit, so might as well not start! It's bad for you... period...
    It makes you age faster.
    It makes you smell bad.
    It makes you unattractive to people that you may be attracted to.
    luvislife Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 08:44 PM
    Yea people also find it a turn off when they like someone & then find out they smoke
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Dude I smoke and my advice is to quit RIGHT NOW!! I keep trying and trying to quit and I go a little longer but then some stupid Sh*t happens and there I am at the gas station buying another pack. Just do yourself a favor and stop now you will be happy you did.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Over 4,000 chemicals

Carbon minoxide- car exhaust fumes and nicotine- temporarily increases your heart rate and blood pressure, and narrows small blood vessels under your skin. It slows your blood flow, reducing oxygen to your feet and hands,

Arsenic- A poison used to kill rats,

Formaldahyde- Used to preserve dead bodies,

Ammonia- floor cleaner,

Lead, tar, pesticides,

Acetylene- Used for fuel in welding torches,

Benzene- Used as an industrial solvent,

Naphythlamin- A bladder poison,

Cadmium- Used in rechargeable batteries,

Benzo (a) pyrene- A cancer promoter,

Ethyl 2-furoate- A liver poison,
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 7, 2007, 06:17 PM
    yes, even one is bad for you, has no value to your and this is where a life long addiction starts, with only one is not that bad
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Dec 7, 2007, 08:55 PM
    I didn't start smoking till I was 20 years old and even then it was only when I went to bars. Now 22 years later I smoke a pack a day. I have chronic bronchitis that I get every time I get even the most miner cold. Smoking will make you old, ugly, unhealthy and stink long before your time. Stop now 'cause you will regret ever starting one day.
    JeremyLeindl Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2007, 03:25 PM
    I am 15 and I have smoked for a year know an I'm already addicted but its hard for me to get them so right there its making me want to stop because it's a big pain.
    chakarnis Posts: 55, Reputation: 0

Aug 12, 2008, 10:21 PM
    Yeah, it's bad for you. You know that and don't ask for approval. Do you know why you do it? And if you can't let it go, you might be addicted. Do your parents know that you smoke? It is a nasty, filthy habit and you need to let it go. Why don't you get addicted to the Jonas Brothers instead, they're much better for you.
    Chris223344 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 05:51 PM
    Smoking is very bad for you you can get a lot of diseases do something else go take a walk are call a friend talk a about your problems do the same with mom and dad
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Kelsey... pack it in, trust me when I say it's no good for you, I have nursed in a hospital and seen things that would make your blood curdle,all for the sake of a cigarette.

I never smoked until the day my Dad suddedly died, that was it I was hooked, I've been trying to pack it in ever since... I'll keep on trying.

You smoke a little but it will become a lot, don't let it get hold of you... because it will.
    Your health will suffer not to mention your finances.

Years ago it appeared a cool thing to do, society has now changed, you are allienated where ever you go,and for good reason...

The big C... could be lurking just around the corner... don't let it be you... ( God willing me either )
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2008, 10:48 AM
    Just realized this is an old thread...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad bad dogg [ 3 Answers ]

OK,. I don't know what I did.My dog use to be nice,kind and always wanting to be next to me. But know these couple of days he has tried to bite me, and he growls at me when I enter to each room. He also doesn't even want me to carry him. If I do try to carry him he asks like he is going to bite me....

Bad clusters and bad blocks [ 1 Answers ]

When I do the chkdsk on WDC and it says windows replaced the bad clusters Why does Stellar Smart say there's 3 bad blocks? Didn't chkdsk clear it? The PC says no bad sectors

BAD SMELL I have a very bad smell coming from my toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I live on a slab, older house & have a horrible smell coming from one of my bathrooms, also there are nats flying out of my shower drain. Do you have any idea on what this could be... I really don't have the money for a plumber... please let me know any suggestions... Thank You :confused: ...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Bad Debt and Bad Debt allocation [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help with the following accounting exercise? The following info was listed in company X balance sheet as of 2005 Aacounts Rec for 2004 150,000 Aacounts Rec for 2005 250,000 Allowance for bad debt in 2004 was 8,200 Allowance for bad debt in 2005 was 12,000

View more questions Search