Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pat1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 06:07 AM
    Trying to copy photos onto a CD or DVD-R
    I downloaded photos from our Canon digital camera onto the Dell 8250 computer.
    I can print and edit from there, but when I try to save them onto a disc it always gives the message "there is no disc in drive(e)". I have tried CD-R and DVD-R and tried 6 different new discs in case it was a bad disc. No avail. It does not recognize there is a CD in and ready to copy to. HELP!
    Cadellin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 07:03 AM
    It could be a great many things to my knowledge. Although if you can tell us a few things it will reduce the number of options considerably.
    What is written on your CD drawer? (e.g does it say DVD R/RW on it?)
    What software are you using to write the disk? (e.g. Roxio)
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 07:29 AM
    You can run a CD cleaner...
    Pat1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadellin
    It could be a great many things to my knowledge. Although if you can tell us a few things it will reduce the number of options considerably.
    What is written on your CD draw? (e.g does it say DVD R/RW on it?)
    What software are you using to write the disk? (e.g. Roxio)
    I have tried both CD-R and DVD-R totally new discs. The software as best I know how to describe it is Dell Image Expert Premium Edition and under Help "about" it says Jasc Software. It works great all the way until I click on to save to disc and it tells me there is not one in the drive. But there is... must be political software because it says things that are not true.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Samsung DVD writer reads only DVD disk,CD not reading [ 8 Answers ]

My Samsung DVD writer reads only DVD disk,when I insert ordinary CD ,it can't read.I need to solve this problem

Copy & paste photos in Outlook Express [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had to change from Eudora to Outlook Express as a mail program. Now,in outlook Express when I try to copy and paste any photos, I get a box with a red X in the upper right corner of the box when I send the message. Can't Outlook Express copy and paste Photos?

VCR/DVD Combo, DVD Recorder hookup to Satellite TV [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to hookup a VCR/DVD combo and a DVD Recorder to my TV. I have satellite TV, but the satellite receiver is not connected to the same TV. I have read and reread all four books and can not figure it out. I want to be able to record from the television to both the VCR and the DVD...

Dish network hookups to DVD HDD, TV, and DVD player [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Dish Network 301 Satellite box I want to hookup a Pioneer DVD-640H HDD, so I can record from my dish channels to my DVD and/or HDD, I have an older Panasonic TV that has connections: ANT 1, ANT 2, audio (re-white RCA type) and also S-Video input and RCA a/v (yellow-red-white) input. ...

View more questions Search