Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mark j Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 06:01 AM
    Real Estate Law
    I live in Georgia. How do I break a pending lease purchase agreement? The owner of the property is gettting pushy and is demanding new terms.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2007, 09:13 AM
    Hello Mark:

So?? Let him get pushy. Is he failing to live up to the terms he agreed to?? If he just wants to renegotiate, you don't have to let him.

If, however, YOU want out, and you're just using the landlords behavior as an excuse to break the lease, it ain't going to happen.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 29, 2007, 10:13 PM
    First may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

You gave a negative rating in another thread (where you didn't even ask the question) that was totally off the wall. And you really owe the responder an apology.

As to your question here. By lease purchase, are you taling a contract for deed where you the seller holds the deed until you have made the contractual purchase price?

If so, what does the contract say about termination? A party to a contract can't change the terms once the contract is signed. So where are you in the process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real Estate Law [ 2 Answers ]

I am thinking about selling my house. I bought this house from my father 12 yrs. Ago. It has appreciated quite a bit since then. I would like to know if I buy another house for more or the same amount of money that I will be selling this house for (a lateral move) am I responsible for any...

Real Estate Law [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Orlando, Florida and I need to know what the laws are in this state governing breaking a lease. I was told that there is a law in Florida that states that you can break a lease by giving a 45 day notice. Does anyone know if this is true or not? Please let me know asap.

Real Estate Law [ 1 Answers ]

How do I personally file a lien on a piece of property. A week before closing on a new home, the tittle company called and stated the tittle was not clear and we could not close. The reason was that a previous buyer of the lot had placed 3 liens on the property. We do not want this house now...

Real estate law [ 2 Answers ]

How do I evict a roommate who is not on the lease?

View more questions Search